Wednesday, March 25, 2015

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ SNORT !

Woke up at 3:30 and here I am 2 hours later still on the computer.  The fact that I slept 14 hours the night before might have something to do with not sleeping tonight. Or was it the chocolate I had for dessert ?  HUM ?

As I was going to bed at midnight I wanted to write but I was so tired I couldn't think about blogging. Guess my brain thought otherwise cause here I am. It's still very dark outside so it could be midnight except I did sleep for 3 hours.  As I was walking around the house with lights on and off I was laughing to myself that I could be as noisy as I wanted. I moved a little furniture and then decided to put an ad on Craig's list to try to sell the electric recliner that the kids bought for Ger for Christmas. It has bad memories attached to it, (in spite of the memory of Ger riding up and down in it for various lengths of time because he couldn't figure out which of the TWO buttons to push!) I want it gone so it is posted on THE LIST and hopefully someone will snatch it up soon.  Now that I got my desk into the den there just isn't any room for the recliner.

I am LOVING the desk move !  I think it looks fabulous ! It really is a beautiful piece of furniture and sitting in front of the windows and under 4 sky lights it is perfect for writing and jigsaw puzzles.  I have a puzzle that is a birds eye view of our section of our community.  Kyle and Bridget gave it to Ger about 3 years ago and we never got to working on it. Just before Ger started his decline he and I got out the puzzle and I put the frame together.  He had good intentions of working on it but it never went any further than the frame. It's still sitting in pieces on a small table but needs to make the move to the desk top where little fingers won't get at it. I had a friend and her husband over for dinner tonight, (corned beef a little late), and the consensus of opinion was the desk looks GREAT !

I'll include some photos for you along with photos of Smith and Kent at the Mets / Marlins baseball game that we went to yesterday right down the block at our minor league stadium. It's SPRING TRAINING in Florida and all the players, (baseball and otherwise) are in town. The crazy Cardinals Fans are insane about their team and on days when the Cardinals are playing you can't get near the stadium. It is quite a spectacle to see thousands of people in red shirts, red shorts, red hats walking around the streets. I don't know what it is about these fans but they are a rare breed. Days when the Marlins are playing you don't see anyone. Poor Marlins.  I have to cheer for them because I am now a Florida resident and they are MY team but when the Mets beat them 12-3 it's very tempting to revert to my New York loyalties.

Best seats in the house

Smith gets a ball


before

after

No comments:

Post a Comment