Sunday, March 22, 2015

THE NEW "COMMAND CENTRAL"

COMMAND CENTRAL HAS MOVED.  Let it be noted in the minutes of tonight's meeting!  It has happened and I LOVE it ! That giant old desk in the garage is no longer hiding in the dark where no one can see and appreciate it. I no longer have to go in the garage and sweat bullets until the wall AC unit cools the room down whenever I need to work on files in the desk. I can be in the den in the light of the 4 sky lights and look out the beautiful wall of windows that make up one wall of the den. And all this cost me dinner for 5 and some great conversation while drinking sangria. All that topped off by strawberry short cake and a swim in the pool.
Tell me life isn't good !

I invited Theresa and Annette over with their husbands and Annette's step son and the guys moved the desk out of the garage, around the house and into the den. (Note the AROUND THE HOUSE" part of that sentence?)
When everyone arrived here this afternoon I showed the guys where the monster desk was residing and where I wanted the desk to be moved to. NO PROBLEM said everyone . . .  until Annette said, "WILL IT FIT THROUGH THE DOOR? ? ? ?"     OOPS !      Small door - BIG DESK.            Never thought about that.   I have just been ditzzing along telling myself the desk had once been in the house so therefore it will now return to the house.  That was just an assumption on my part.  I have no idea where the previous owner had the desk. Maybe it has always been in the garage. But it still had to come into the house through a door, right? There being no garage door for a car to come into the room the only doors are the one that goes into the kitchen and the one that goes out to the side yard.

THERE WE ALL STOOD scratching out heads and butts, mouths hanging open looking from one door to the other and back to the desk. (Have I mentioned that the desk is HUGE?)  Finally someone suggested we measure said desk and the doors and sure enough the door to the kitchen was too small for the desk to fit through.   BUT . . .  the guys hefted up the desk, S Q U E E Z E D it through the outside door, came AROUND the house and in the front door.   PHEW !  Thank goodness there were 3 strong guys because that desk took the three of them to haul. Even with all the drawers taken out it still was quite the handful. I had tried to give everyone a drink before the adventure started but they were hesitant to drink at that point. After the adventure EVERYONE had several drinks !  That and some pulled pork, salads and Theresa's home made strawberry short cake made for a great afternoon and evening.

I think Annette and Stan, Theresa and Steve are changing their phone number ASAP so I can't call them ever again but I happen to know where they all live so they won't get away from helping with my home renovation that easily!

THANK YOU THANK YOU Stan, Annette, Joe, Theresa and Steve. You are all terrific and I REALLY appreciate your help !

No comments:

Post a Comment