Friday, April 24, 2015

A PERFECT GRAND MA DAY !

Got a call last night from Kristen saying Grey was sent home from day care yesterday because she was running a slight fever. The rule is the child can not return for 24 hours and neither mom or dad could take off today so it was SUPER GRANDMA to the rescue.

I arrived at Grey's house at 8:30 this morning much to her delight. All smiles for the entire day in spite of what could have been with a one year old with a fever. This little peanut never even frowned for the entire time I was there.  We sat on the floor playing with all the great electronic toys. Just push a button and there are lights and  music galore.  It didn't take long to see what Grey's favorite toys were and for the two of us to pull out EVERYTHING and scatter it all over the house.  At one point we were reading books and Grey was repeating words for me. Here she is just 13 months old and not quite walking yet but being female she sure was talking.
There was a tiny half hour nap early in the day, a walk outside to let the dog get some exercise, a little lunch, lots more playing and then a monster 3 hour nap !!
When Kent and Smith got home Grey was still sleeping so Smith and I took a walk over to the lake to catch some fish and tadpoles. My biggest fear was that Smith was going to fall in but we managed to catch a zillion creatures without either of us getting wet.
I didn't take a single picture because I was too busy having fun !

I know I'll sleep well tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment