Tuesday, April 28, 2015

CELEBRATING SEVENTY !

It's my birthday !!!!!  The BIG seven zero and I don't feel a day over 20.

I got up this morning and the first thing I wanted to do was say THANK YOU GOD !
Seventy years have gone by since the day I was born and there isn't a single day that has not been a gift from THE LORD !  That is my celebration for the day.

I had intentions of writing this very heartfelt, personal letter to God in my journal but I feel the urge to share it with all of you. I didn't get here on my own so why should I keep this rejoicing to myself. You have all been a part of my life journey, even though some of you are new to my life, and it is with you and because of you that I am who I am and where I am.

"Thank you God is my first thought of the day and I hope to repeat it over and over through out this day and all my days to come. I couldn't have done this without You !  From the miracle of my birth to my loving parents it has only been because of You. There were many times when I forgot You were the one in charge and tried to do things MY way. How very immature of me to think I know better than God. You gave me life, You sustain that life and You give me all that I need to enjoy that life. That too is something I have forgotten often through the years.
( Isn't it amazing how much smarter we get as we age? Thank heavens for that!  I hope I live to be a genius. )
The years gone past have been filled with life. All things that we experience happen for a reason. I believe that with all my heart and soul. Life brings us joy and pain. That's what LIFE is. Thanks to Adam and Eve God never promised us a 'rose garden'.  That paradise disappeared when Eve bit the apple. No thanks to Satan. Evil has always been here and will always be here.  That is the way of things but God is also ALWAYS here, all we have to do is remember that and ask for His help when Satan gets playing his silly little games. People that say, "Why would God allow that to happen?" forget that God is not alone in all this. Satan plays a huge part in our lives and loves to give us challenges to shake our faith in God.  But God brings us through everything! I am alive today thanks to the grace of God and I am rejoicing today thanks to the love of the Lord ".

I've had many people asking me how I am, especially today, my birthday. Being here without Husband on my birthday makes people think I will be sad.  Let me explain to you that most of my adult birthdays were ones filled with anger and resentment because I wanted H to be and do what he wasn't and could never be.  I didn't accept him for  the man he was, I wanted gifts, recognition, sentiment. And so I would be angry and spend the day a grouch rather than celebrating what I had. Today I have the opportunity to make my own joy and celebrate life and I choose to thank God for the gifts I do have. Do I regret the past? Not really. It was what it was and it is gone. Water under the bridge so to speak.  Can I change anything I did or felt? Nope ! That was a gift that H did give me. To live for the moment, don't look back and regret and don't look forward and dream. LIVE FOR TODAY and Love what you have !

Thank you God for giving me this time to make new memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment