Wednesday, June 12, 2019

CINDER . . .F---ING . . . ELLA

When is a vacation not a vacation ? When you are the female who ends up doing EVERYTHING because you are the stupid one who always says, "Here, let me help you with that".

Let me venture to say I am not alone in this phenomenon. I was talking to my daughter today who is "On Vacation" in Wyoming with her family and living in an RV for 2 weeks. (It is not a SMALL RV but it is a house on wheels non the less. They have been on the road for 8 days and today was her Cinder f---ing Ella day. ( I have hit my "I'VE HAD IT" day several times in the past 3 weeks but today also was my worst day yet. Maybe there is a full moon or something). Vacations ARE fun but only when things are running smoothly. And how do things run smoothly ? Well, that happens when someone steps up and makes sure everything that needs doing gets done. And who might that someone be you may ask . . .  Well, we know FOR SURE who it ISN'T !  And apparently it isn't just my man because it was always the same with Ger and now it seems it is the same for my daughter. (I guess the apple didn't fall far from the tree.)

The thing that REALLY pisses me off is that I, (and Keri and just about every other woman I know), cause my (our) own problem.  We think we are being helpful when instead we are creating monsters that come to depend on us for EVERYTHING.  My mother was my example and it seems I have become a terrible example for my daughter. We want things to run smoothly so we "take charge" of everything and in doing so allow/encourage the men folk to just sit back and let us run with it. As much as I piss and moan about the men in my life I see that they are extremely smart creatures, They get us sucked in to thinking we are so smart and capable that we should handle everything and then they just sit back and reap the rewards, And if we complain about being over worked or stressed they just say, "But I thought you wanted to be in charge." Or as Ger used to say, I become a  "control freak'. That man was extremely good at letting me grab the reins and run with them.  When something fell flat on its face he could just shrug his shoulders and point a finger at me and say, "I thought you wanted to take control".

It's not even a question of "control" as it is a matter of just getting things done in a timely fashion. We all know that men do not know how to tell time, except when it is time for a sports event to start. Then they know EXACTLY what time it is and what needs to be done in order for them to be set in front of the TV with a beer in their hand. When it comes to anything else there is not a clock in their realm so they have no schedule at all. Dinner can be served at 2 in the afternoon  or 11 at night. they don't care as long as it IS served. We on the other hand are running around all day making sure the laundry is done, the house is cleaned and  the chicken gets into the oven at a particular time so it can be served at a reasonable hour. And should we as for help with one of these things the answer is ALWAYS the same . . .  "Sure Dear, I'll GET TO IT." Translation of that is, "Don't bug me now the ......... game is on"

All this is the same whether you are at home or traveling three thousand miles across the United States. YOU are the one who is responsible for having all the blankets, pillows, food, water, clothes, toiletries, reservations, snacks, and what ever while the man sits behind the wheel and hums "Yankee Doodle". And when you land in a spot it is YOU who gets to "take Charge" and have dinner on the table for everyone even though you have spent the entire day "babysitting" for your hosts kid while doing all the dishes from last night's dinner and  . . . . . . . . .  (Sorry, Now I'm just venting.)

I'm tired !  Keri is tired!  We are all tired and just want to go home to our own quiet house where we don't have to cook or clean or do ANYTHING on anyone else schedule but our own.

I Booked my flight back to Florida today and July 12 can't come soon enough. I don't care that it is 101 degrees in Palm Beach Gardens. As long as my bed is there, my TV is there and NO ONE else is there!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment