Thursday, June 27, 2019

WELCOME "HOME"

I am using the word home quite loosely because in the past two and a half months I have had 3 homes. I left my HOME in Florida back in May. I KNOW that Florida is my home because that is where my favorite bed is. And my TV with all my favorite shows from Netflix, Prime and HBO just waiting for me to plop on the couch and binge watch "Lucifer" or "Game of Thrones". (I LOVE G.O.T and can't wait to return to FL to watch the very last episode which I missed by 3 days. DON'T tell me what happened . . . The suspense is killing me but that is what makes it all the more enjoyable.)

Home #2 is here in Michigan with Mr. Man. I do love it here and enjoy my time in the slightly cooler weather and the lovely country with animals that come every night to feed in the field behind the house. They didn't show up tonight because I think they are pissed that Dwayne has been away so long and no one has put corn or hot dogs out to feed them. (The man actually puts anything and EVERYTHING that is left over out on the grass for what ever critter shows up during the night.) I like to believe it is the deer who are eating all this stuff but I REALLY don't think deer eat hot dogs and I don't want to consider the other possibilities. Home #2 is comfortable BUT the water is weird and the internet is sooooooooooooooooooooooo slow that I could send my blogs by snail mail and they would get to you faster. I also miss going out to eat at some place where you don't have to talk into an intercom and where no one asks if you want fries with that. (Not that the man would go out to eat anyway because of the oxygen he is on but it's nice to have the option of a restaurant if you really wanted to.)

As for house #3, well it is now parked in the back of house #2  and is in the process of being emptied and cleaned in preparation for our next journey in the fall, God willing. The RV served us well and it was WONDERFUL in all regards except that it isn't home. I don't know how the "Rich and Famous" do it, having multiple homes in multiple cities. Do THEY wake up every morning wondering where the Hell they are ? "Am I in Lisbon or Paris today?" I just wake up each day and wonder if my computer is working in whatever place I happen to be. It seems WiFi is more important to me than the palm trees, the deer or the snow capped mountains.

All that being said I am happy to have "landed" some place where the shower is in the same building as the bed and the bed doesn't have a fold down the middle of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment