Wednesday, June 19, 2019

WIRED

This RV is a perfect match for anyone who requires Electricity to survive. The previous owner was a genius and must have known that down the road the vehicle would be owned by someone like Dwayne.  Between the multiple oxygen machines and other electronic devices this house on wheels is made for us.

Let me begin by saying I DO take advantage of the power sources in this vehicle. Like every other person on this planet over the age of 6 months I NEED to "PLUG IN" at least once a day to keep the computer and cell phone charged. (Not so much the computer as it is new so it holds its charge for days but my cell phone makes up for that by needing a charge about every  5 hours if I am using it for ANYTHING. (I should buy a new battery but I know that would just lead me to buying a new phone and I'm not ready for that quite yet.) So if we tally up the electric outlets required to keep me plugged in we have, at most, TWO. And that is most likely not needed at the same time.

NOW . . .  consider The Man and his energy needs. Let me begin by telling you about this AMAZING  RV and it's power sources. The previous owner added a couple of really great things to make sure there would ALWAYS be electricity. First and foremost he put solar panels on the roof which provide energy through a "converter". I totally understand NONE of this but I do know there is a small black box in back of my seat in the cab of the RV that has 3 outlets in it. D keeps his primary oxygen concentrator plugged in here so it is ALWAYS running. (The fact that this wire goes across the cab of the RV is of little concern to anyone except the person who has to climb our of HER seat and crawl into the back.) The little black box of energy is totally tucked out of the way and you wouldn't even know it was there. Energy source #1.

Moving into the main portion of our home on wheels there are multiple outlets that were probably added by the previous owner. There is an outlet OVER the sink which when you think about it is a disaster waiting to happen but it actually comes in quite handy. Just below that and off to the side we have another outlet on the side of the kitchen counter. The biggest issue that I have with these 2 outlets is that they are both right above Dwayne's head when he is sleeping. THANKFULLY through no intelligent decision of my own D chose to sleep in the bed on the "kitchen" side of the RV. This is perfect for him because he has all these places to plug in. (I had the forethought to bring a small adapter that plugs in and allows you to plug in 3 things in stead of one.) So now the man has the capability of being connected to SIX different electrical devices at THE SAME TIME.
I TOTALLY expect to wake up one morning to a corpse who has been strangled to death in the middle of the night because ALL SIX wires are hanging down at the head of Dwaynes bed ALL THE TIME !  (When I'm at home I have one or two spots out of the way that I will leave the charger plugged in but here in our LIMITED SPACE housing I unplug every time and put the charger away so it doesn't get in the way or stepped on.) Not so much with the other member of our party.

Our counter top space in the RV is "limited" to say the least. The kitchen counter holds a 3 burner gas stove and a small 2 basin sink. There is some space around the sink most of which is between the back of the sink and the camper wall. This happens to be the space nearest to the 6 outlets so I'll let you guess what this space is filled with. Did you guess:
#1 A NEBULIZER . . .  that needs to be plugged in
#2 A SPACE HEATER . . .  that needs to be plugged in (The man go NOWHERE without this)
#3 AN ELECTRIC RAZOR . . .that needs to be plugged in
#4 A PHONE CHARGER . . . that needs to be plugged in
#5 THE CHARGER FOR A TABLET . . . that needs to be plugged in
#'s 6 - 27 ALL SORTS OF ASSORTED INHALERS, COUGH DROPS, COINS, NAIL CLIPPERS, AT LEAST 42 BOTTLES OF MEDICATIONS AND TISSUES IN MULTIPLE STAGES OF USE. (Thank God none of which need to be plugged in.)
So much for any counter top space on which to work. This is not a problem here in Fairbanks where I have not had the need to cook in the RV but once we hit the road again tomorrow all this SHIT needs to find a place so it doesn't go flying around as we hurl down the road back to Michigan. AS for the two hundred and seventy six mile of electric wire snaking it's way through the living space of the RV, lets just say that Stanley and Livingston didn't have it nearly as challenging when they were slashing their way through the jungles of where ever the hell they were.

OH, did I mention the two outlets on the OUTSIDE of the camper ??


No comments:

Post a Comment