Saturday, October 5, 2019

T.V. TIME

I like watching television !  I hate commercials so I do not watch regular TV any more because I am so frustrated with twenty minutes of advertising hemorrhoid cream and ten minutes of the show.  Half the time the network shows are not interesting to me so I am a Netflix, Prime and HBO binge watcher.
When I am at home in Florida I can get hooked on some series and spend an entire day and night watching episode after episode.

Then there is Michigan T.V.  . . . I do not think the entire state is as bad off as I am here in the Upper Peninsula, in fact probably 99 % of the UP is probably not as bad off as it is here at Mr. Man's house. Once again I would like to complain about the sad state of technology available in the far reaches of this particular location.  And when I say, "this particular location" I am talking about Dwayne's house. I DO think there probably are A LOT better "packages" than the one purchased by D because I can not believe that the entire population of this part of the country watches nothing but hunting and fishing channels with an occasional football or hockey game thrown in. We DO get the weather channel but I really don't want to know that it is 42 degrees outside and it will probably snow some time next week. I am a captive audience to MAN TV.  (I wonder if the satellite company advertises the stations up here as MAN TV?)  I bet it is a huge seller especially in the winter months when it is too freaking cold to be outside doing all the manly things that are being shown on the telly.

 Right now it is hunting season. 2 weeks ago it was "YOUTH HUNT" for kids under 18. The state actually sells hunting licenses to KIDS without knowing if they have ever shot a gun in their entire life. I don't know if there is a minimum age on this but I can picture a 5 year old hiding in the bushes WITH A GUN !  This past week started "BOW" season. That is the time when all the idiots who think they are Robin Hood hide in the bushes waiting for the unsuspecting deer to wander into range. Once again, the state sells a license to ANYONE who has the money to buy one. The result of all this hunting testosterone being leaked into the atmosphere is that the TV moguls have provided at least twelve thousand "hunting" channels on the TV. There are shows where you sit and watch some fool sitting in a tree WAITING.  THAT IS THE SHOW !  A guy sitting in a tree WHISPERING to the watching audience a blow by blow commentary on how he is waiting for the deer to appear. MAYBE if you are really lucky you actually get to see a deer wander past the camera but that doesn't happen all that often. And if you do see a deer wander past it is usually giving the Tv audience the finger as it strolls past because the idiot in the tree is so busy whispering that he has forgotten to load his gun.

THIS FOLKS IS QUALITY TELEVISION !!!!

I AM GOING NUTS !!!

I'm reduced to writing blogs about the sad state of good TV.   Occasionally I manage to confiscate the TV remote but am at a total loss to find ANYTHING worth watching. In addition to the hunting and fishing shows I can find there are  movies made before 1940, several religious zealots preaching to anyone desperate enough to listen and several channels offering to sell you "the item of the hour" for a reduced price if you call RIGHT NOW!  I am so desperate I would watch Oprah but I can't even find her.

I know Netflix is still in existence because I get e mail from them taunting me with new shows that are now playing. They usually start with, "Catherine . . . here's something we know you will like!"
Right now I would watch Hemorrhoid commercials as long as they weren't playing during a hockey game or on the "Outdoor" channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment