Monday, April 13, 2020

FUNNY STUFF IN A NOT SO FUNNY TIME

I really think this virus has given us more gifts than we realize.  I know families of people who have died from this horrid disease would not see the humor in it but sitting here safe and sound in my home I am laughing my head off.  I guess now that people aren't racing off to work 12 hour days in a stuffy office they can find time to amuse themselves in ways we never thought of. The funny things that are being posted on the internet every day are hysterical and definitely helping us all to keep our sanity.

(Speaking of Sanity . . . What's that age old definition of "sanity" ?  Isn't it "doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result"?   I have the perfect example for you . . . Last week I stripped the sheets off our bed and threw them into the wash. As I was pulling them out of the washer to put them into the dryer the remote control for our adjustable bed went flying across the floor. It seems that The Man had left his remote IN the bed when he went to sleep the night before and I did not see it when I pulled the sheets off.          Note to self . . . anything electronic should NOT be laundered.        When I finished cursing him and myself for this stupid error I put the remote into a plastic bag of rice with hopes that it would dry out over night.  Next morning it still would not work, even after all the rice was shaken out of it and the batteries were replaced. That was good enough for me to call the bed manufacturer and order a new clicker.  NOT so for The Man.  He insisted we leave it for another 24 hours, which we did with the same results as the previous day. Then He decided the batteries were probably no good so we changed the batteries THREE times !!!  After another 24 hours passed He insisted on trying it again with yet another batch of batteries.  Still not working !!!!  I have placed an order for a new remote but EVERY day The Man insists on putting new batteries in the laundered one and trying it again.  In my book he is insane . . . but since we are co captives in this self isolation I am not pushing the issue.)

But back to the funnies that are popping up on the internet.  God Bless my friends who have fantastic senses of humor and share all the silly stuff that they receive. Every day I sit and laugh till I cry reading some of the emails I get.  Who writes this stuff ?  There is more talent out there than we ever realized and it is keeping me sane . . . Well . . . sort of.  The other day I got 2 or 3 different things from friends that had me laughing all day. Then today I went to my chiropractor because I just couldn't take another day of aching back after not having had an adjustment for over a month. I wore my mask and gloves and set off for an adventure. My chiropractor is awesome and had me laughing at myself by commenting on the mask and gloves.  I told him I was planning on wearing the mask for the rest of my life because it was great at hiding all my wrinkles and double(triple/quadruple) chins. We then got into a discussion of whether a woman wearing a burka wears a mask under or over her face covering. These are burning questions in the minds of us folks who have nothing better to do with our time.

One of the funniest emails I got came the other day. It said, "Lately I have been absorbing so much soap and disinfectant that when I pee it cleans the toilet".    I only wish this was true because of all the things I am finding to do during this time cleaning is not one of them.

  Keep laughing and remember this will end eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment