Tuesday, April 21, 2020

IT'S PUZZLING TO ME

Anyone else out there starting to "loose" it ???   I do think I would prefer to be going through this isolation ALONE because at least then I could do what I want to do when I want to do it.  Take for instance tonight's dinner. I did not want to eat nor did I NEED to eat but because the man didn't eat anything today except three donuts and a half a sleeve of Girl Scout cookies, (Yes, I still have GS cookies) the man was hungry at dinner time.  I had eaten some leftover chili for lunch and that would have sufficed for the night. Instead I found myself in the kitchen at 7PM cooking burgers and fries for both of us.

Did I want to eat dinner ? . . .  NO !
Did I stuff my face with burgers and fries . . .   OF COURSE !

And now I sit here feeling like I could blow up and fly around the room like a deflating balloon except there is no balloon in history that weighs as much as I do right now.  So I guess if I did blow up I would just splatter the walls with globs and globs of fat. It has been a loosing battle of the scale here in this house. The Man eats nothing but sweets and gains nothing . . . I eat 2 cookies in a week and gain ten pounds.  There is no justice !
So all this weight gaining going on here has put me in a foul mood.  Nothing new there.  I can get into a foul mood just by waking up. It's getting to be more and more of a struggle to be nice to The Man just because I never do well with a lot of together time. (As you well know if you have followed my blog for any amount of time.) I could live with the Pope and he would drive me nuts ! It's just that I NEED alone time and I'm not getting much of that lately.  Even with the saving grace of jigsaw puzzles keeping the man busy it still isn't even enough. And of course me being me I am delighted that he is working on a puzzle and leaving me alone but then I get angry that he is doing the whole puzzle without me !  It is not a situation where The Man is going to win. He is up Shit's creek no matter what he does.

Tonight as I was making dinner, (it took all of ten minutes to make a burger and fries so I am not exhausting myself), Mr. Man was working on the latest puzzle that we have sitting on the kitchen counter. My counter is quite large with plenty of space for a large jigsaw puzzle on a board and room to spare for me to cook, The Man knows enough to stay away from the kitchen side of the counter while I'm in there so he was working across the counter putting in pieces. In between cooking I would stand on the opposite side of the puzzle board and add a piece or two except that the pieces I was trying to put in just weren't fitting correctly.     Now let me take a moment here to say I LOVE jigsaw puzzles . . . Always have ! I have been addicted to them since I was a kid and had a lot of alone time to take up my days.  I take pride in being able to look at a space or a piece and see exactly where it should go so tonight when I was having trouble I had to look more closely at the pieces The Man had already done.  You know the proverbial "Square Peg in a Round Hole" expression ?  Well that is just about what I found with the pieces that had been put together by you know who. Now this is something I am totally used to because Husband was THE WORLDS WORST jigsaw puzzle doer. The man would pound a piece with his fist in order for it to go where he thought it should be. This man is much more subtle but basically has the same approach. "This looks like it should go here and so it WILL go here", push push push !!! I took a total of six pieces out of where they had been stuck by The Man before I was able to put the correct pieces together. Thankfully he was busy jamming pieces in on the other side of the table.

 I'll have to sneak out here in the middle of the night to fix that mess.

A    P.S. to all this is WHY is the word PUZZLE spelt like that ?    Shouldn't it be spelt.    PUZZEL ?  I mean putting the "E" after the "L" should make the word sound French . . . PUZZ Le ?  NO ?

No comments:

Post a Comment