Monday, October 5, 2020

BRACE YOURSELF

NO I am not going to reveal the secret of the universe or the location of the Holy Grail.  I'm just going to do what I usually do . . . .  Babble nonsense  !!!

Because WE are on the count down to leaving this frozen forest farm I started looking through all the crap I have accumulated up here. ( And I dare to write about The Man and all his crap ?).  Over the past 4 years I have managed to settle in quite comfortably to the country living scene, thanks to Amazon and their two day delivery. (That is 2 days for normal people, it usually takes a week to get stuff up here but that only helps to slow me down when I'm in a shopping mood.  Boy do I miss Beals outlet and Ross. ) My theory is to have an entire wardrobe here so I don't have to pack a suitcase when I travel back and forth.  The hole in that theory is that I now drive back and forth with The Man rather than flying so it really doesn't matter what I am carrying with me.  But I still think it is a good plan to have a whole set of clothes here. Unfortunately because of where we are on the map summer weather only exists for about two weeks so I need to have a wardrobe ranging from arctic snow shoes to Bahamas swim wear and everything in between.  My tiny closet in the bedroom is filled with winter coats, sweat shirts, jeans and sleeveless tops.  It is a very eclectic mix. I have winter boots and two pairs of sandals sitting on the floor next to my sneakers and wool socks. 

I also have a dresser where I can keep my shorts and sweat pants, tank tops and long sleeve tee shirts.  But my favorite drawer of all is the top drawer.  In this space I keep my miscellaneous items.  It's sort of the junk drawer of the bedroom. In this drawer I stash my extra pair of sun glasses, my bathing suit and my various assorted braces.  Yup, I have a collection of body braces the likes of which CVS has never seen. 

It seems that as I am aging my body is unable to hold itself together without some outside help. ( I think that at this rate I will need scaffolding in about two years. But for now I just have a collection of body braces. ) 

I have always had a back brace for those occasions when I do something stupid and need to support those lazy weak back muscles. But this is getting ridiculous !    

I opened the "Bedroom Junk Drawer, (BJD),  today to take inventory of what I need to pack and what I will leave behind.  Here's what I found . . . THREE (3) wrist braces, a back brace, a knee brace, a foot brace and a Partridge in a Pear Tree.  No . . .   Just kidding about the knee brace, I mean, the Partridge.  No birds in the BJD but I did find a candy bar that I had stuffed in there a month or so ago.  (The candy bar is to brace my soul when I am yearning to leave here to return to my family.) Amazing what I have managed to accumulate over a period of five months.  

All these things were purchased up here and they will all remain up here when we make the move back to Florida. Hopefully my body will hold together for the four day drive until I can get to warm weather and my chiropractor. That coupled with a long over due massage should take care of my need for braces of all kinds.  Which is a very good thing because I plan on having my shoulder replaced ASAP after my return south.  The shoulder has been aching for months and is long overdue for replacement. It continues to get worse because so far I have not found a shoulder brace to help support that particular body part.  

No comments:

Post a Comment