Friday, September 3, 2021

DOPEY ME !

 I spent a good portion of last night composing today's blog in my head when I couldn't sleep. I went to bed cursing the work men of the UP and the stupidity of The Man for hiring such incompetent idiots. No wonder I couldn't sleep . . . I was on a crusade to strike down all of the male population of the world.

Funny thing is  . . . it turned out I am the "stupid idiot" !  

Backing up and in my defense it has been a VERY STRESSFUL couple of days since this whole bathroom renovation began.  (To be perfectly honest the past 50 years have been pretty stressful but we won't go back THAT far. )  Remind me to tell you about my doctor appointment on Wednesday afternoon.

The fact that the shower arrived with no doors, I was without a bathroom for 12 hours and then the water temperature couldn't be adjusted to higher than tepid all set me up for yesterday's "meltdown".  By yesterday afternoon the workers were gone, the bathroom was functional, the new shower had a curtain that sort of kept the water in until the shower doors arrive and the water could be raised to a scalding temperature if need be.  On Wednesday night I had taken my lukewarm "rinse off" standing in the new shower stall, using the hand held spray, trying to keep the water from spraying all over the floor because there was no curtain yet.  Needless to say it was frustrating, cold and annoying as hell.  So last night when we had a curtain, the water was hot and the large wall mounted shower head was now functional I was ready for a nice relaxing hot shower.  

Picture my reaction when I reached in, turned on the water for the wall shower and nothing happened.  There was a very small dribble of water seeping out of the shower head and nothing more.  The little water  that was coming out was hot but there wasn't enough of it to wet a wash cloth never mind to shower in.  As I muttered and cursed and pissed and moaned I wrapped a towel around myself and opened the door to call to The Man who was on the phone in the kitchen.  I didn't care if he was talking to Joe Biden, Donald Trump or the Pope . . . I was PISSED !!!!!!   

Apparently I must have been giving off thermo nuclear vibes because he immediately hung up the phone and asked what was wrong.  I told him to follow me and then proceeded to show him the non-shower shower.  His reaction was. "Well, what the Hell?" (The fact that he had "washed off" earlier using the hand held shower where he can sit on the built in seat gave him no reason to be too upset about my predicament.)  We both stood looking at the dripping water and then he wandered back to the kitchen stating that he would  call the plumber in the morning.  I went on to use "his" shower which was OK but not great. 

We went to bed around 11:00 and by 1:00 AM I was awake and blogging in my head.  I couldn't believe the sheer stupidity of these idiots who connected the shower and never tested it before they left. I mean, what sort of a moron does that ???????   STUPID PEOPLE !!!!!  My brain ranted on and on for well over two hours until I finally fell back to sleep. 

This morning I woke up around 9:30 and wandered out into the kitchen.  There sat The Man having his coffee, waiting for me to offer to cook breakfast.  When I greeted him with a grunt he must have remembered the shower because when I came out of the bathroom he was on the phone with the plumber .  The plumber was telling The Man to go into the shower and look at the shower head.  Did he see a small knob on the shower head that moved around the outer rim ?  Of course The Man was unable to do this without me so there we both stood staring up at the shower head. At first I couldn't see any such knob because this shower head is nearly as high up on the wall as the ceiling. (Placed on the wall so they didn't have to cut into the pre-fab form of the shower stall.) Upon closer scrutiny there was indeed a small silver lever that can be moved to change the flow of the water.  VOILA !!!!!  Turn it left and there is a steady stream of water, turn it right and the water slows to a trickle. 

BOY DID I FEEL STUPID !!!! 

When the plumber arrived this afternoon to do some last minute things I had to apologize to him for being an idiot.  He was very gracious.  I wonder if he would have been as nice if he had read the blog I had composed in my head at 3 in the morning ? 


P.S.  Remember I mentioned a doctor appointment I had on Wednesday? I went in because my blood pressure has been all over the map and running really high at times.  The nurse practitioner and I decided it could be my home BP machine is faulty because when she took my BP in her office it was perfect ! As we were discussing other possible causes she asked if I had a lot of stress at home because all the HIGH readings are done at home.  I explained that I lived with a man and we both laughed and decided that did indeed solve the issue of my high blood pressure. 

 Two days later The Man finally asked me what the doctor had said. I told him the problem could be my machine or it could be stress.  Of course you know exactly what The Man said . .  . with a straight face and in all seriousness he said,     " What do YOU have to be stressed about ? "  

I just left the room.  And I did NOT take my blood pressure right then because you know I would have been on my way to the ER when I saw those numbers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment