Friday, September 17, 2021

WHY BUY IT ???????

 I have often wondered why people buy certain things.  Like when you are sitting in a parking lot watching some poor fool trying to park their big car or pick up truck and they can't get the damn thing into the parking space.  I usually ask myself why the dope bought such a huge vehicle if they can't drive it. If you know you are a lousy driver get yourself something small that you can handle without looking like a complete idiot when you try to` drive it or park it.  

Likewise,  why do people buy HUGE houses and then complain constantly about how hard it is to keep up with the cleaning and maintenance of it?  Unless you can afford a full time house keeper why do you need such a big house? 

 If you need the big house because you have so much stuff then maybe you should question why you bought so much stuff.  Along those lines I have to question why people rent storage units.  This is a burning question up here this summer because storage buildings are popping up on every road.  This is a "farm" community but for what ever reason the people of the UP seem to need space to store who knows what.  Just this summer there were three (3) new multi unit storage buildings built in a 5 mile radius of where we are.  Why?   What are people storing in these places ?  Maybe I don't want to know.

But I digress from my original question of  "Why buy it?"  This is a direct question I would like to ask The Man each and every day. Why is there SO much stuff here ?   I know we have discussed this before but today when The Man got himself all wound up over my doing a load of laundry I just had to ask myself yet again "WTF ?"  Or "WBI ?"

I average 3 loads of laundry a week.  One day a week I wash sheets and towels.  The other two days I am washing clothes.  I do not think this is an excessive amount of laundry for two people but apparently The Man does not agree.  Thus his comment today,  "This new washer is going to die if  "WE"  keep doing so much wash !"  (I would like to have asked him when was the last time HE did a load of wash but I kept that one to myself.). 

Firstly I would like to point out that the washer and dryer are a small stackable unit.  Neither is full size because . . .  we needed to save space?  Or because . . . that is what he had before.  The room that houses the washer and dryer is a large room that contains a butcher block, a drain sink and a set of metal shelves .  There is so much wasted space in this room but that is a battle I am not willing to fight or even discuss.  Could the room hold a full size washer and dryer?  Of course . . . but WE bought the small stackable unit.  So given that I can only do mid size loads of laundry it stands to reason that I need to do MORE loads.  Also the fact that there are 2 people living in this house and not just one MAN there is double the wash that needs to be done.  Factor in that we had two weeks of house guests and multiple bed sheets and towels to launder the number of loads of wash tripled over the past month. 

Thus the question, "WHY BUY IT" if you are going to complain every time I do the laundry ???   

It is just The Man being a man and I know that but it doesn't keep me from wanting to hit him with the bottle of detergent.  

No comments:

Post a Comment