Tuesday, January 11, 2011

HODGEPODGE

In case you were wondering where I was, (like there is anyone out there reading this nonsense), we can blame my absence on Steven King and female hormones. Not necessarily in that order and in fact it was Mr. King who helped drag me up from the depths of depression. Holiday aftermath blahs caught up to me in the form of "OH GOD, save me from this husband". It happens often and this latest incident of "There's not enough room in this world for the 2 of us" just happened to kick in as we needed to clean up all the holiday "crap". Just the very sound of Husband breathing, (which does happen to be a lot noisier than the average person, just ask my kids) set my teeth to clenching. I went through half my supply of "happy pills" and not even that was helping. Then I got reading Mr. King's latest book, a collection of 4 short novels an that did help a bit. I really enjoyed the book but I much prefer his  
L-O-N-G   stories. The best are his "Dark Tower" books. I think I'll go back and read some of his older book again. I read "The Stand" every few years and enjoy it as much as I did the first time around.
So now we are on an up-swing in the world of female moods and that 's a good thing because we are making our return trip to Windsor a week from tomorrow. Abby will be six (how that ever happened is beyond me, she was just born yesterday) a week from Thursday and we will be there to help her celebrate. You might want to check the blog because we will be taking a side trip to Paris for 3 days and I'll be sure to post from there. In anticipation of the trip I had to get a new pair of WARM slacks so I went shopping today and that my friends was even more therapeutic than Steven King. (Went for a massage first and that did help too!). I did find a lovely pair of slacks (oops, what size am I? When did THAT happen?) and they look and feel just fine. I even found a great Lands End turtle neck sweater that will keep me toasty warm in the chilly, damp English winter. The bonus was finding some gifts for Bridget and Abby. (Bridget's BD is the day after Abby's.)
So it was a good day of shopping and relaxing and stretching at yoga. I'm still attending the yoga class once a week and absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I am as awkward as a handicapped ostrich and look just awful but it is wonderfully relaxing and has been great stretching for my back. The only pose I have gotten to perfection is called "the Corpse Pose". You lay on your back on the floor and RELAX and Breathe. I nailed that one the first day !  The rest of the poses, NOT SO MUCH!  But I keep trying and it feels good.
Husband has been busy doing nothing as usual. To be fair he painted the trim on the front door today. I had to go outside with him after I came back from shopping to see what a good job he did. (I am married to a 2 year old!)( He told me at least seven times how hard it was to do because he had to go slow.)
Our little man, Smith, had a return visit to his cardiologist today to check on a heart murmur that they found when he was born and it is completely gone!  HOORAY FOR SMITH !  Smith will be baptized on Saturday and Ger and I will stand in as his God Parents because no one else in the family can get here. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures.
Friends Jeanne and Frank came down to Florida last Saturday and are here for a while so we have some friends to go out with this week before we leave for Windsor. I will be sure to take some time off with Jeanne so we can get some girl talk in. We're hoping Sharon and Bob will make it down on this Saturday but I hear that Bob is having a lot of trouble with his neck and is in a lot of pain.
Time to head to bed.  Husband is in bed huffing and puffing because I am sitting here on the computer in stead of keeping him company. Maybe he is more like a one year old . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment