Wednesday, January 12, 2011

RANTINGS OF A COLD HEARTED BITCH

I do rant and I am a bitch but I really am not cold hearted.  It is just that because it is a slow news week we are being subjected to 24 hour news coverage from Arizona. I am not saying that the shootings there were not AWFUL but enough already!  Perhaps the fact that our TV is on 24/7 (or so it seems) and said TV is ALWAYS tuned to a news station but I am feeling bombarded with this God awful tragedy. PEOPLE, LET'S MOVE ON ! You know as well as I do that if there was a hurricane, wild forest fire or (God Forbid) a plane crash or bombing Arizona would be dumped quicker than my diet. But because nothing "BIGGER" has come along we are going to interview everyone who lives in the entire state and then some.
When was the last time you heard the news focus on a family that was just evicted from their home? Or a family who is fighting a battle with some horrid disease? Those stories are going on all around us day in and day out and we never hear about them. But put a bunch of politicians in front of a camera and the coverage will go on forever.
I"ll say my prayers for the poor people of Arizona who this tragedy has effected but I'll also be praying for the rest of the world population who is suffering. All those who we don't hear about and need our prayers just as much if not more.

No comments:

Post a Comment