Saturday, January 1, 2011

LET THE RIDE BEGIN !

At midnight last night the Roller Coaster left the station for the 2011 ride of our lives.  The 2010 coaster ride was a great one for us and not so great for others. It all depends on what car you are in and how well you do on roller coasters.  I have to thank GOD for helping me through all the dips and turns that this ride throws at us. God didn't build the roller coaster, he just gave us the ticket that allows us to ride. The seat belt of his arms circle us throughout the journey but some times we choose to push the seat belt off and try riding on our own. That's usually when we hit that huge dip down hill so it's never a good idea to let go and think you can make it on your own. We should be hanging on tighter than ever but being human we seem to think we know better and can do a better job of riding on our own. Only time can tell the out come of that decision.
The 2010 ride ended last night and God has seen fit to give us another go at it. I pray that my seat belt holds me tight because the older I get the steeper the hills and the sharper the drops. I guess that is why each and every morning I make sure God knows I'm here and still trusting him to hang on to me in all I do through out the day. I always ask for good strong arms around my children and their families to help them survive and enjoy the days ride. I ask that the Lord's arms are tight around my friends so that they too will not fall off during the day. And at night I make sure I say, "THANK YOU" for those strong arms and extra blessings that have helped me to enjoy the ride, not just survive it.
So buckle up every one, the 2011 ride is on its way and I hope you enjoy it to the fullest. Don't forget who gave you the ticket to ride another year. Hang on tight to the Lord and HAVE FUN !  This is the best ride in the world, don't let petty little dips and turns throw you off the track. You know the falls are there and will pop up when you least expect them. Hang on tight, ask for help and you'll be out of them before you know it. 
I really do hope this 2011 ride slows down a little bit. It seems I just blinked and last years ride was over. I often would close my eyes because I saw a huge hill coming and I  just wanted it to be over but then realized that the point of riding a roller coaster was for the thrill and if you close your eyes you are missing out on all the fun. 
So, open your eyes, buckle that seat belt TIGHT and don't forget to keep asking for help to get you through the tough parts of the ride. But most important of all,  ENJOY THE RIDE !  You never know when you won't get a ticket for the next one so ride this one like it is your last and make it count ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment