Thursday, January 20, 2011

WHEN IS A BACK PACK NOT A BACK PACK ?

And the answer to that is . . . when it is owned by my husband! 

We are in Jolly Old England, arrived here at 3 AM our time, 9 AM British time. The trip went fine except for a few minor details. We arrived at the airport in Florida and checked our 2, quite heavy and totally full, bags. Leaving the counter at the check in we headed for security and I knew we were in for a Ger adventure. Husband brought his back pack that we had purchased for our last trip to England. The idea being, as the name BACK pack implies, that we would pack a ton of stuff in the pack, throw them on our backs and have our hand free for passports, sodas, coats and what ever else we  might end up carrying. ONE PROBLEM . . . Husband refuses to put the pack on his back ! So now he has something else to carry in his hands that are already full, AND the pack weighs a ton.
We got on our plane to Philly and arrived to find we had to walk a mile (or so it seemed) to a different terminal to catch our plane to London. By now husband has his BACK pack, a book, his passport, boarding pass, jacket, sweat shirt and a bottle of soda to carry on this trek. I knew we were in for trouble when he started "HUFFING". (meanwhile he is walking 30 miles and hour like he is in a marathon. We did have a two hour lay over so we really did NOT need to rush.) The sweat shirt hit the floor first. I mentioned the fact that his shirt was falling and I got "Well  what do you expect? I have all this stuff in my hands." Tempted as I was to note that the back pack COULD/SHOULD be worn on his BACK I kept quiet and waited for him to "reorganize". It was when the soda bottle ejected itself onto the moving walk way that I decided he was on his own and I would say no more.
I don't know what the problem is with him and this bag. He did the same thing on our last trip here and couldn't understand why I thought these bags were a good idea. Next trip he is on his own and can pack in a brown paper bag. Only trouble with that is he would probably want to tie some rope on it so he can wear it on his back!

P.S.   It is rainy and 32 degrees here in Windsor.  Bridget looks wonderful and is baking cupcakes for Abby's birthday, which is today.  We will go with her to pick up the kids from school so that will be our first time to see them. Can't wait !

No comments:

Post a Comment