Monday, January 3, 2011

LIFE IS WHAT IT IS !

Just read K's blog and she is upset because a good friend just "lost" her 4 month old fetus. In spite of the wonderful little Smith in K&K's life the untimely end of a friends pregnancy opens a lot of wounds. K is always sensitive to all her friend and family's sufferings and takes on their pain. It causes her to question the existence of God and why He allows these things to happen.  I guess God knew what he was doing when he put Kristen into our family. Hopefully we will be able to get her to understand that God doesn't punish or reward. He just holds us up when we need him.
Isn't it amazing how things work in life ?  Why did I become friends with Sharon and Jeanne? We were neighbors, we had kids the same age but there was a lot more to it.  As the years pass I see the changes they have brought to my life and vice versa. And I always see the Hand of God in all of it. It will never cease to amaze me.

As for the lighter side of life here in Florida . . . I was at the doctor's office today to check out my HIGH blood pressure. The Christmas feast has caught up to  me and my body is reacting accordingly. I keep telling myself I will loose that weight and it keeps right on creeping up and up. And right along with the weight, the BP is creeping up. Yesterday I decided I was waiting for the heart attack to happen.  Nothing melodramatic about me, "I'll be fine . . .  just leave me alone to die quietly in a corner!" . . .  P.S. I"m still here but really did need to check this out so off I went to my doctor. After the "TSK, TSK" she put me on a new BP med and told me to get my fat ass moving and lose some weight! Psychologically I am feeling much better but the thought of rabbit food and no pasta is down right depressing. And if I get depressed I start to eat. And then when I eat I gain more weight. And when I gain weight . . . . . . ................

HAPPY NEW YEAR !

No comments:

Post a Comment