Sunday, March 27, 2011

BLOGS IN SPACE !

Last night I sat up and wrote a blog and just before I posted it it disappeared.  I was using Steve's computer, in Steve's office/guest room. Ger had gone to sleep on the sofa bed and was grunting and groaning to let me know I needed to finish up and turn off the light. Under the best of circumstances I can screw up a soup sandwich but the pressure got to me and I was rushing to finish up so when the entire screen went blank I freaked!
(It was also an,"Oh screw this!" moment so I just shut down the computer, shut off the light, wandered around in the dark trying to find the bed and in general, just gave up!)
Things are a bit more calm today, Ger is sleeping once again but this time we are in a motel and I am using my own little travel computer. I guess I better back up a bit and bring you up to date.
Thursday of last week we took Aunt AM to the airport and waved her a fond farewell after 2 fabulous weeks in Florida with us. We hope to see her again in September when we are planning to return to England for 4 weeks. If the world is still standing and we still have a few dollars in our bank account Aunt AM, her daughter JM, Ger and I will fly over to London and spend 2 weeks touring. JM will then have to return to the states because, poor girl, she has a job to return to. We will remain in England with AM and see what further mischief we can get into. But in the mean time there is plenty to keep us busy. After we dropped AM at the airport we packed up the car and headed off on a road trip to Maryland for the arrival of our newest grandchild. Baby Cavanaugh will arrive tomorrow and Ger and I will be in charge of Kaelin.  What could be better than that !?  G and I made the trip to MD in 15 hours with a stop overnight in GA. We arrived here around dinner time so we called Keri and Steve and asked them to meet us at a local pizza place without telling Kaelin we would be there. The look on Kaelin's face when she climbed out of their car and saw us was worth 15 hours of driving. She and I have been attached at the hip ever since. Yesterday we helped get the baby room all set and then stayed out of daddy and mommy's way while they put together the baby's crib. Kaelin is now in her "new" princess room. The curtains, art table, new dresser, bed and walls are covered in princesses. It is quite the room for a little girl.
This morning Ger and I left the Cavanaugh's to themselves for a quiet day before the arrival of  "THE BABY"! Everyone is excited and exhausted so a quiet day is just what we all need. Tomorrow night, Monday, Kaelin will stay here at the motel with Ger and I so we can take her back and forth to the hospital to see mom and dad and new baby.
I'll be keeping you posted.  Please keep Keri and the baby in your  prayers that all goes well with the "C" section. We are betting on a boy . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment