Wednesday, March 9, 2011

WHERE HAVE I BEEN?

You can always tell when I am depressed.  I go into my shell and don't come out for anything.
And I wouldn't dare to blog when I am feeling low because you would never tune in to this blog again.
But things are looking up so here I am again.
Now what in God's name do I have to get depressed about? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING !  I will be the first to admit it and yet every now and then I have the need to wallow in self pity. Poor Ger just shakes his head and stays out of my way knowing that it will pass eventually. And it does!
This past week was just filled with little (some not so little) annoyances. Things like the income tax that we had to get working on. (I use the term "WE" very loosely) It finally got to the point that I was so freaked out at the amount of money we would have to pay we threw all the papers in a bag and took off for H&R Block.  They did manage to do better for us but I still need to sell my first born child and one of our cars. Damn you IRS !
After that there was the microwave breaking down while I was in the middle of cooking dinner, I gained 4 pounds, (even with a broken microwave or maybe because of it.), we got a bill for $1100 from Enterprise for damage on the car we rented on our last trip to Maryland, (We cannot see the damage that THEY claim is there), and I think I am getting another "cold".
I guess we have been cruising along just so blessed that I have forgotten how S - - T happens. And I freak! But things are all slowly being taken care of, Ger has been great in helping me deal with all that is going on, (except for the weight gain. His solution for problems is cake and ice cream which always works for me!)  Aunt Ann Marie arrived today so she will distract me from some of my worries, Friend Jeanne is still here in Florida so she is distracting me, we baby sat little man Smith over night this past weekend and that was a FANTASTIC distraction! He is just adorable and the very best baby in the whole wide world. I mean, is this kid CUTE or what ! He never stops smiling. We will see him again this coming weekend when we go down to Ft. Lauderdale to go to a St. Patrick's Day Parade with Smith and his mom and dad.
On the other hand we may be on our way to Maryland for our daughter Keri. She is having her baby on March 28th . . . IF . . . she doesn't go into labor early. She called tonight and said she is starting to dilate already and the doctor told her to take it easy. Keri is feeling so great that she is still going to the gym and is planning on working up until March 25th.  I think she better slow down or Smith will have a new cousin sooner than was expected.
So with all this going on I'll have a lot to write about and should be talking with you a lot more than I have been. We have the pool half finished so I have to get pictures of that to share with you and who knows what adventures we'll have with Aunt Ann Marie. Keep checking in and I promise to entertain you one way or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment