Friday, March 18, 2011

I'M STILL HERE

As I was thinking about my blog tonight the title got me thinking about my mother. The quote,"I'm still here!"  originated with my mom. She was partial to blowing up things in the kitchen. LITERALLY!  And after the explosions my dad and I would come running to see what happened only to see my mom's head pop around the corner to tell us, "I'm still here!" On at least 2 occasions she thought she had lit the gas oven only to realize the gas was not lit. (Thinking back on it she probably had twelve thousand things on her mind, my father was NO help what so ever. Which explains why I married Husband. Don't they say a girl marries "her father"?) Anyway, the poor woman was so frazzled that she just lit another match and opened the oven door. After the shock wave subsided we were amazed to find my mom fine and dandy. HOW? I'll never know.  She must have had a very powerful Guardian Angel. Then there was the time that she blew up the pressure cooker. If you don't know what that is try Googling it. The top blew off that thing and went right up to the ceiling where it left a mark for years to come. Once again my mom escaped injury, Thank You God! And after all that, cancer killed her at 62.  That just plain sucks.
So anyway, I just wanted to let you know that my spleen has not ruptured and my kidneys are still functioning after my tumble in the stadium on Wednesday. I do have a small bruise, nothing like the one I had when I fell in England or fell over the dish washer, or in the street when I was walking the dog.
I guess I am seeing a pattern here . . .  like mother like daughter.  She blew things up and I fall over things.

No comments:

Post a Comment