Wednesday, March 30, 2011

FINLEY STEPHEN

My daughter went and did it! She has brought another MALE into this world and if he turns out to be anything like his grandfather we should trade him in NOW for a sack of  potatoes !
This latest trip to MD has been a test of nerves and stamina for Grandma. Forget patience, I lost that about 2 hours North of Palm Beach Gardens. I just keep shaking  my head and repeating the same thing over and over . . . "HOW CAN HE BE SO STUPID?" (You can substitute the words, "DUMB . . . CLUELESS . . . DENSE . . . for the word stupid because all of them have been used at some point over this past week. There have been MANY other words used but this is a family friendly blog.)
Husband has out done himself in stupidity on this trip.  I really do wonder if it is Alzheimer's or just being Male. I apologize to those 2 men out there somewhere in the world who are not idiots but lets face it guys, when it comes to common sense you aren't working with a full deck. Unfortunately the reason guys are so dumb is because we women have made them that way. We think we are doing a wonderful thing by "taking care" of our men when in reality we are creating dependent lumps. My daughter-in-law Bridget got it right by "training" my oldest son right from the start of their relationship. DIL Kristen has yet to learn how to do that but she is getting better. I, like all moms, created these 2 reproductions of my Husband and now these poor girls they married have to join the ranks of all us wives who married "lumps".
I am not saying these men are "bad". They are great guys but God help me, they just don't have a clue how to see what needs to be done and DO IT. To be totally fair I have to tell you that Kyle is amazing and he is totally unlike his father. He has had to step up and "be in charge" on several occasions and he has done a fine job of it! 
As I fought my way through the past few days I kept thinking how great this time would have been if I had been traveling and caring for Kaelin with my 2 good friends Sharon and Jeanne. They would have been on top of everything that needed to be done and there wouldn't have been a single upset. As it is I am working on my last nerve with Husband. He should be very glad that we are not on a train or a ship because he would surely "FALL" off by accident.
And so littlest grandson Finley, and your cousins Roman and Smith, love your moms and dads but PLEASE take your life lessons from your moms. Your dads are fantastic guys but like your grandpas they just "HAVEN'T GOT A CLUE!"

No comments:

Post a Comment