Wednesday, September 7, 2011

ANOTHER MORNING ?

I seem to be hung up on mornings these days. It is 5 AM and the Queen of Sleep is awake. (Hope you were all sitting down for that shocker!) I actually woke up at 4:30 and have been flopping around in the bed trying to convince myself that;
A.  I was NOT hungry (but I know that I am)
B.  I was NOT suffering the beginnings of food poisoning ( I know that I"m not)
C.  I WAS going to go back to sleep.

B & C just didn't happen and yes, I AM hungry. I guess this all stems back to yesterday when I slept till 10:30 AM, had a bowl of Total cereal mixed with raisin bran at noon and then ate a huge taco salad at Moe's Southwest Grill at about 4 PM. If that combination of food won't kill a stomach and intestines I don't know what will. I thought I was feeling OK but apparently the dregs of salsa and raisins hit me at 4AM and there was no going back to sleep after that !

So what do you do at 5 AM? Well, first I started with saying my prayers that I always fall asleep before I get through. OK, talked to God, He knows I'm awake and thinking so He'll put some real good thoughts into my head. You know the sort of things that you get thinking about in the middle of the night. I"m sure this was the hour that Christopher Columbus decided the world was round and the Wright brother's decided it would be a good idea to try to fly. Things some how always seem like a good plan at 4 AM. Well, after I got through solving our National economy and unemployment problems I got around to thinking about what I had packed and what I should still pack for our pending trip to England. The problem with that is Ger is still sleeping so I cannot turn on all the lights and start pulling things out of our closet. Not that he would be surprised or upset, it just wouldn't be a nice thing to do. So all that is still just buzzing around in my head and will probably continue to do so until I am locking the front door the day we leave.

Next best thing to turning on the TV is head for the old "Control Central" out in the garage and get the little computer up and running. This little notebook computer is just perfect for times like this. I'm sitting the the warm garage, which feels great. I seem to be cold all the time in the middle of summer in Florida in my house. The AC is set at 75 but it just feels cold. (I am really becoming a true Floridan Senior Citizen. "I'm soooo cold!")  So the unairconditioned garage is quite pleasant at this hour. In spite of the 5 thousand little flying bugs that are drawn to the light it is very comfortable out here.

Actually, in thinking about this waking up so early, it is all the angels fault. Last night H and I went to bed saying we would go to mass this morning if the angles woke us in time. Guess the angles need a new watch or they are on London time.

No comments:

Post a Comment