Monday, September 12, 2011

NEW BLOG !

I know, I know,  I haven't written in days and I am getting complaints from the peanut gallery. I'm busy !
Not really, just lazy and more interested in sitting in the sun and reading. You can't blame me for that, I do live in Florida for a reason. But since it is the rainy season I have had to catch the sun when ever I can. It  has really been a very rainy rainy season. Back in June Ger dressed the flamingo on the front lawn in a rain coat and it hasn't stopped raining since. Not that we didn't need the rain. Our lake (sump/drainage ditch) in the back yard was really low and had a 3 foot beach around it. Then we started with the afternoon rains and the lake is filled to almost the top. That is a good thing and we Floridians don't mind the rain in the least. It is the poor tourists that are grumbling. My poor cousin and her golfing husband came down for almost 2 weeks of rain back in July. The sun didn't come out until their plane was on its way back to New York.  Since then we have had a torrential shower almost every day but between there are wonderful hours of warm sunshine and balmy breezes. And you want me to give up those hours to blog? I think not! And i can't write during a thunder storm for fear of lightening blowing up my computer. Usually my creative genius (HA HA HA !) strikes in the wee hours of the evening and Ger really does have a problem with me turning on the computer and my music at 2 AM. Thus . . . you have not heard from me.
And now we are preparing for the journey across the pond and our return to the quaint town of Windsor and our fabulous grand kids and their parents. We are so excited about the trip because we will have Ann Marie and Jean Marie with us to show all the sights to. I really have fallen in love with this amazing little village of Windsor. I get a warm feeling inside thinking about going back. The suitcase (only one!) is packed and I am ready to go. We are spending this week just dotting "i's" and crossing "t's" before we head out on the journey. We already have a date at the Prince Albert Pub for dinner on Saturday night. Abby has been wanting to have dinner there so we all thought this would be the perfect day since it is her dad's birthday and we can celebrate with a pint.  I can't believe my first born child is 38 years old. When did that happen? I think I will take his turning 40 a lot harder than he will or I did when I was that age.


As you can see by the following photos, we had a good weekend with a visit from Smith and family. We thought we would have a grand send off with a lobster party, Florida style! That means BIG, HUGE, GIGANTIC, DELICIOUS lobsters that were cooked and cracked for us. It's the only way to go!
WHAT IS THIS THING ?  WILL IT BITE ?

LET'S ALL GO WALKING

WHOA ! WHAT ARE THOSE THINGS?

No comments:

Post a Comment