Thursday, September 8, 2011

BITS AND PIECES

I went for a massage and facial today . . .  AHHHHHHH   I am addicted.  But today's 2 hour spa treatment wasn't as relaxing as usual.  I didn't request any special therapist so I got Ruby for the first time.  She was good in loosening up my back but she was a weird redneck southern gal. She talked the whole time and when I was done I really wasn't as relaxed as I had hoped to be. Then the girl who did my facial turned out to be from NY, only in Florida for a while and hating it and she too talked the entire time. You know how you go to the dentist and they stick 42 things in your mouth and then ask you a question . . .  well this was the sort of day I had with these 2 women.
Then I came home and H is all in a tizzy about the President being on tonight, fires and drought in Texas, rain in Pennsylvania, and THREE named storms blowing around the Atlantic Ocean. It just seems that everyone wanted to talk today!
The good talking came from a Skype call from Keri telling us she and Kaelin did not have school today.  Seems that Southern Maryland is also being flooded. A restaurant that we had gone to with Keri and family on our last trip up there was now washing away down the Potomac River. It just fell in the river, kerplop. It really didn't serve very good food so I think this was a win win for everyone. The owner is probably clapping his hands.
As for Kaelin and school, she started on Tuesday afternoon. Preschool for 3 year olds at a local church. Kaelin is grandma's girl in that she doesn't DO mornings so afternoon session is perfect for her. But even with that she had a tough time on Tuesday. She decided that she did not want to get dressed or go to school. Neither Granny or Daddy could convince her otherwise so mom was called in on speaker phone to help Kaelin get through her trauma. Dad finally got her to school on time in spite of Finn throwing up TWICE on the way to school. Poor Daddy had me laughing my head off with memories of me trying to get his wife off to school. History does repeat itself in all its glory.
So when today the call came in that all the schools and preschools in Charles County Maryland were closed for the day,(and for tomorrow also) the girls were very happy to go back to bed and cover their heads for the day. It was pouring rain there for the last 36 hours and as we were talking to Keri there was a tornado warning. I think I would rather put up with Florida hurricanes that only appear every 5 years or so.
Haven't heard from the rest of the family today. Abby and Roman are back to school over in Windsor and so far we hear things are going great. We'll see for ourselves next week when we go over for our month's visit.
Smith is still teething and his 2 fangs are coming in nicely. He apparently fell and hit his eye on the coffee table yesterday but really didn't bruise that badly. Smith is at the permanent bump stage . . . a large lump in the middle of his forehead is a permanent part of his appearance. Sort of like the unicorn look.
No pictures to share, no other news to tell. The bags are packed and we are finishing up all our running around before our trip. Yesterday's adventure was to the dermatologist where Ger had a small something cut off his face. I got the AOK for this visit.
Talk to you soon.   I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment