Thursday, September 29, 2011

TAKING A DAY OFF

I am done for the day . . .   and it is only 11 AM. My feet and legs are like bricks and I just can't walk any more so I have sent the travelers into Windsor by them selves and  I am staying behind to just put my feet up and read and nap for the day. Ever since the flight over my ankles are swollen and with all the walking we have been doing and the crazy eating and the lack of sleeping my body is screaming STOP!
Bridget took Ann Marie and  Jean Marie on a car tour of Ascot this morning before Ger and I even got up. Then they came back at 10 and picked up Ger for a drive into Windsor. We wanted Ann and Jean to see the changing of the guard at Windsor castle. The guard come marching down main street with a band and then on into the castle for the half hour ceremony of changing the  guard. It is actually better than Buckingham Palace because they are so close to you it is much easier to see everything. After the guard the 3 tourists will return to tour Windsor Castle once again. WE did this when we first got here but it was on the weekend and we had Roman and Abby with us. The castle was very  crowded so today should be perfect for Ann and Jean to see everything without the big  crowds.
Abby and Roman are in school today and Bridget is enjoying a quiet morning before she heads over to Abby's school to work on school computer programs. Bridget has volunteered to assist the school with some of their computer programs and I am sure they jumped at the opportunity. Kyle is still in Germany but should be back in time for dinner tonight.
Speaking of dinner . . . last night Bridget made the most delicious chicken ever. It was chicken cutlets "stuffed" with brie cheese and cranberry, wrapped in bacon. OMG was that delicious. You ca all plan on having that if you come to dinner at our house any time soon. It was a recipe that Bridget got from her grocery store . . . fantastic!
Along with great chicken we have been stuffing our selves with ENGLISH pastry and ice cream since our return from Paris. I don't know what has happened to the English over the past 40 years but they sure have learned how to bake. I guess that tunnel from
Paris to London has allowed some of the great French Pastry recipes to slip across the channel to England. I really had hoped to lose weight on this trip but it just isn't happening. The pastry in the states is cardboard compared to this.
Once again today is a fantastically beautiful day. Can you believe it is in the 80's and it is the end of September! I'm so glad I packed a pair of shorts and a tank top or two. Sitting here in Romans room on the second floor of the house the huge 10 foot high windows are open and the fresh air and sunshine are just pouring in. Poor Roman gets thrown out of his room when we visit. Abby has bunk beds so the 2 kids get to share Abby's room. It is fun for a few days but the novelty wears off fast. Last night Roman lost another tooth so the tooth fairy will have to find Roman in Abby's room. I checked under my pillow this morning but there was nothing there so I guess that tooth fairy found Roman after all.
Time for my late morning nap. Maybe I'll add more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment