Sunday, December 11, 2011

FREAKING RED BOWS

H knows better than to tell me things that other people say about me or my home or family.  And this is just the silly stuff I get nuts about.  Just imagine if it were something serious!
I came home from my MRI the other day and H told me he met the lady down the block and she wanted to know where our RED BOWS on the palm trees were. Every year I decorate the palms in front of the house with giant red bows and this year I just hadn't gotten around to decorating ANYTHING, no less the palm trees. My focus has been on mailing packages to Abby & Roman in England and Kaelin & Finn in MD. I did most of the big shopping on line with direct deliveries to the grand kids but I did have some stuff here that I needed to wrap and mail. Once the Christmas cards, letters and photos were done and in the mail it was time to concentrate on gift mailing. Then I had the car accident and have been running back and forth to the chiropractor and lastly the MRI of my back to make sure there is no hidden damage. I am actually starting to feel normal so I think I can safely let the chiropractor appointment go and return to my monthly maintenance adjustments. (I really do think my chiropractor was pushing the envelope with the over kill 3 appointments a week plus massages but I'm not the authority on backs. And considering the resulting pictures of my mess of a back, I guess I can use as many adjustments as possible.)
A N Y W A Y . . .   the red bows have been haunting me all weekend.  Lynne B was here for the weekend and we had a very nice visit but every time I had a free moment I was thinking about those stupid bows. I even woke up one morning at 2 AM and thought about going out to the garage, finding the bows and putting them up on the trees while everyone was sleeping. But I came to my senses and went back to sleep.
Lynne left this afternoon and H and I stopped at Sam's Club for some stuff, then picked up our NEW prescription sun glasses, stopped at Mac D's for a burger, came home to make a phone call and put the groceries away and THEN . . . put the FREAKING RED BOWS on the trees outside.
They look lovely !  If I think of it tomorrow I will take a picture for you so you can see the expert decorating we do. As I was putting the garland and bow on the mail box a different neighbor walked by and told us how lovely our house always looks at the holidays.
Good thing I had already hung up the bows!

No comments:

Post a Comment