Monday, December 26, 2011

THREE HOUR NAP !

And I am not talking about my grand children . . .  Christmas is over, the "kids" have gone home and I took a nap. In spite of the fact that Smith sleeps 12 hours a night I am too stupid to go to sleep when he does so I can get  my usual 10 hours. And some how, after spending 12 hours playing with the little guy, 10 hours sleep at night just isn't enough for me.
Smith and parents were here for Christmas weekend along with Mookie the dog. They arrived Christmas Eve morning and left around 10 this morning after we all went out for a nice breakfast. After they left I finished up Kent's mimosas that he had mixed for the weekend and I went to bed. Three hours later I felt like normal again.

It was a great weekend all around. The weather was beyond FABULOUS. Temps in the 80's and sun sun sun. The AC was running all weekend to keep us cool in the house and at night after Smith went to bed we had a fire in the new fire pit out on the patio. Smith slept through the night both nights, K&K got good nights sleep as did grandma and grandpa and Santa arrived right on schedule. It took us ALL day yesterday to open gifts. Smith wasn't too sure about the whole Christmas gift thing so he would open a few things and then get distracted. It is actually a great way to spend a day.  Open some gifts, have breakfast . . .  open some gifts, go for a swim, open some gifts, have some lunch, open some gifts, take a nap . . . .  and so it went for the entire day.

No comments:

Post a Comment