Wednesday, December 28, 2011

TWAS THE WEEK AFTER CHRISTMAS

OI !  What a mess . . .   I am cleaning up the aftermath of Christmas and it ain't pretty! Food all over the place and Mookie treats that were shot out of the "Snack Launcher" that I gave Kent are turning up in the oddest places.  I didn't think we had launched THAT many little treats but those little suckers are in every room of the house.  Mookie was eating the ones she could find but maybe she was then spitting them out in other rooms.  All I know is that the poor Bug Man had a time of it today when he tried to spray the base boards of the house. There is STUFF every where !
And don't even mention the laundry . . .  sheets, pillow cases, blankets all have dog hair on them so it is a laundry nightmare. (Not that I have anything else to do and it is too chilly, 62, to sit in the sun.) Ger is outside puttering and I am actually having a great time cleaning up here and there.  I love organizing and Sharon sent me a "AS SEEN ON TV" organizer. It folds up into a case with a handle but then opens into a large pad with pockets and slots for all sorts of papers and pens. I LOVE stuff like that!
 I have spent the morning throwing things on to beds and am now ready to start pulling things off the bed piles one thing at a time. I can only imagine what Jan Jan the Buggy Bug Man must think when he walks into this house. It is never looking neat and clean. It is ALWAYS in the state of coming or going. There is always a suitcase on the bed in the guest room, having either come from or are going to some  trip. That's just how we live.
But today's mess is particularly LARGE! We have the residue of Christmas all over the place. Empty boxes still litter the living room. Gifts are here and there waiting to be put away. Christmas cookies and all those sticky buns etc that we received as gifts are on the kitchen counters. They NEED to be put away A.S.A.P.  because I have gained 4 pounds back that I had lost before Christmas. I really should just throw them out but since there ARE starving children in China I just can't do that.
Here's a HEADS UP for you . . .   husbands don't like it when you respond to their question of "What can I do for you?" with a resounding "LEAVE ME THE "F" ALONE!  I mean really, I am up to  my elbows in mess and H wants me to tell him what HE can do. Every woman knows that you just have to OPEN your eyes and you will KNOW what to do.  God love these idiots we are married to.  I guess I shouldn't complain because at least he asks . . .  not that if I gave him some things to do they would actually get done, but he thinks he gets points for asking.
HE SHOULD ONLY KNOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment