Thursday, January 15, 2015

PARKING LOT SMACK DOWN. WWF STYLE !

Im walking a very thin line these days and it probably won't take much to push me right over the ledge and go postal. My Nurbs (as one of Ger's students called them oh so many years ago) are SHOT ! The slightest push and I will erupt like Veseuvius on an hot summer day. Why people can't see this is beyond me. I feel like my body is wound tighter than a clock spring and it is costing me every ounce of energy to hold myself together.

As a result of this heightened state of Nurbs I am moving slower, breathing deeper and trying very had to put myself in the "Other guys shoes". I understand not everyone is "Having difficulties" but stupidity and ignorance are still tough to tolerate.

Brought Husband to the cancer center today for some 2 hours of hydration. Husband is a MESS today. Brain function low, body function even lower.  We were up a 5 again this morning deciding where we were going and why we HAD to get up. H was completely soaked which meant changing him completely and changing the bed pads. That must have exhausted him because he wanted to go back to bed once he was dry. Got up at 9 and had to be out of the houses by 10:30.  Not easy to do but We were pretty close to on time. Once we got to the cancer institute I realized the place was packed and all our usual handicapped spots were taken. There was a pick up truck in front of us pulled to a stop to let a woman JUMP, (literally) out and run into the building. I waited calmly for them to start moving and then watched in complete anger as they pulled into the last open handicapped parking spot. And there they SAT !  Two people in the truck, neither one moving to get out and the other passenger already in the building. I now have to park at the other end of the lot, haul out the wheel chair and maneuver H into the chair and across the lot. I was livid. I swore and cursed and envisioned running over to the pick up, pulling open the car door and dragging the driver out and onto the ground where I would smash their stupid heads against the cement. HOW DARE THEY PARK IN MY HANDICAPPED SPOT !

I did none of the above but I really really wanted to.  It is only going to be a matter of time before I loose it on some poor unsuspecting slob.  I apologize now for my imminent behavior. I can feel it building. There is nothing I can do to avoid this other than taking a bottle of happy pills and locking myself into a closet for the duration of this Cancer battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment