Wednesday, January 28, 2015

WHERE AM I? WHERE WAS I? WHERE AM I GOING?

I seem to have lost myself some where over the past two and a half years. Not just my sense of self but a literal LOST.  I find myself standing some where wondering, "WHY AM I HERE?", "WHERE WAS I GOING?", "WHAT THE HELL WAS I DOING?".  Not to say this is something new. HA!  Fat chance! This is a common occurrence and has been for quite some time. (Like forever!) But lately it is really becoming a full time happening. Like just a few minutes ago I found myself in my walk-in-closet just standing there staring into space all all the pretty colors. Then I started to wonder ;
      A. Where am I?
      B. What am I doing here?
      C. Why am I here?
 I then began to realize my entire body was freezing and that answered questions B & C, which then brought the realization of A.  (I was naked and freezing and needed to get dressed so I must be in the closet!)

At what point of my life did something so natural and routine become a mathematical equation on the scale of quantum physics?   I seem to remember the days when I would crawl out of bed, wash and dress, have breakfast and be out the door in 45 minutes to put in a full day of teaching. Well folks, That Ship has sailed !  Everything I do no involves 45 minutes of thought, preparation, planning, scheduling and work! And I still find myself lost and confused. And forget the F-O-C-U-S !  Again I say, "HA!" Focus is non existent in my life these days. I cannot watch TV because I seriously can not follow a plot, and I was watching The Wiggles at the time. Forget something as complicated as Sesame Street! I haven't even turned on the TV in weeks. But never fear . . . FOX NEWS continues to play on the bedroom TV. The constant yelling and talking is soothing to Ger. (It's OK that it is like nails on a chalk board to me because most of the time I don't know where I am anyway.)

So if you see me wandering down the street with a dazed and confused look on my face just take my arm and guide me to some familiar spot where, if I remain long enough, I will probably find myself and continue on my way. But  for now I have a million things to do if only I could remember what they were and why I had to do them.

No comments:

Post a Comment