Friday, May 1, 2015

NO PHONE !

I am having phone problems, along with the Internet connection and TV reception.  We had a wild and crazy storm the other day and I think it has done something to the wires on my house. I realized Wednesday that it had been very quiet all day, no ringing phone. Since I don't have the TV on much I hadn't realized it was not working. It was really only when I went to write my blog that I realized THE CABLE WAS OUT !  Horrors !!   How can a civilized person survive without cable ??? It could have been out on Tuesday but since I was way too busy celebrating my birthday with lunch and a pedicure with Kent I didn't pay attention to TV or computer.

Once I realized there was a problem I went to call Comcast Cable on my cell phone but no matter what I did the call refused to go through. (Is this Husband at work again?)  I finally dialed 411 for information and they gave the me same number I had been trying to dial but then they connected me and the call went right through. Comcast and I went through the usual "Push 1 for English", and after I put in my 10 digit phone number and the last 4 digits of my social security number I finally got to speak to a real person. That lovely person asked for my address, phone number and last four digits of my social. Then we went through the drill of unplugging the cable box, turning off the router, shutting down the computer all which produced NOTHING !  (I could have told her that right from the beginning because that was the first thing I did when I realized the cable was out!) FINALLY we made an appointment for the service man to come today between 10 &  12. Hallelujah !!

This morning my HOUSE phone rang at 7:50 and woke me from a dead sleep. I almost killed myself getting across the room only to hear a recorded message telling me Comcast would be here between 10 & 12. After I hung up I realized the phone was WORKING! I turned on the TV and that was WORKING !  I checked the computer and that was WORKING !  How about that ! Magic ! It all fixed itself !  (Oh what a fool I can be!)  With that my cell phone rang and guess who it was? Comcast Cable confirming my appointment between 10 & 12 ! I had choices this time where I could cancel or reschedule or leave well enough alone. HEY ! Everything is working, so I cancelled !  DUMB DUMB DUMB !  I swear it wasn't a half hour later that everything was NOT working. Phone was dead, cable was out and Internet was not to be found. At this point I wanted to kill some one at Comcast Cable, preferably with a piece of cable. Once again I picked up the trusty cell phone and tried to call the cable company and once again, just like yesterday my call would not go through. After three tries I called 411 again and had them connect me. (They are probably thinking, "This woman is an idiot, she can't remember this number from one day to the next!") Once again I gave my life history and 4 quarts of blood and was finally given a human to speak to. Now I know the poor slob sitting at the desk with a telephone some where in the world is not the person responsible for my cable going out but it sure is hard to remember that as they are asking me the 20 questions I just answered yesterday and asking me to perform the 20 silly tasks to prove to them my cable really is NOT working. We got through the drill and set up another appointment for TOMORROW between 10 - 12. Naturally the appointment that I had just cancelled 15 minutes ago was gone. Do I really believe they gave it to someone else or is my repair man having a 2 hour lunch today?

As of right now my cable, phone and TV ARE ALL WORKING ! I have received 2 phone calls already from cable verifying my appointment for tomorrow and I'll be damned if I am canceling it ! Let the cable guy drag his ass over here and check this out. It's the least they can do for the amount of money I pay each month.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there,

    Just wanted to check in to see how your appointment goes today. Please let us know if you need any assistance.

    Kind Regards,
    Comcast Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,

    Just wanted to check in to see how your appointment goes today. Please let us know if you need any assistance.

    Kind Regards,
    Comcast Cassie

    ReplyDelete