Thursday, March 25, 2010

Another week

How is it possible that another week has gone by already? I know I am getting older but time is really passing way too quickly. I get up in the morning and think of all the things I want to get done during the day and all of a sudden it is 11 at night and I haven't gotten anything done. Except to gain another pound or 2. (Tomorrow is weigh in day so we won't even think about weight right now.)
I remember when I was a kid I had a friend with whom I made a pact. When the year 2000 arrived Joan and I would meet at Times Square in Manhattan on New Years Day. (If we ever set a time I don't remember) At the time of the pact we were both about 12 years old. In the years following we lost touch completely and I often wondered if she even remembered making the promise to each other. I remember thinking at the time that I would be an ancient 55 years old in the year 2000. I would practically be dead by that age. Who knows if I could even make it to NYC.
Well, that was 10 years ago and even though I remembered that silly agreement I never thought about going. Even if we both had remembered we never would have recognized or even found each other in the middle of Times Square. But it's funny to think how very far away the year 2000 seemed when I was 12. And yet those years flew by. Here I am at almost 65, living a very active life in Florida and finding it impossible to even imagine a time when life will slow down. But I am sure these next how ever many years, (decades?) will fly by even faster than the past.
I guess this all just goes to prove the saying that TIME FLIES WHEN YOU'RE HAVING FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment