Friday, March 12, 2010

The Journey

It is a lot easier to diet at 3 AM when you are feeling yucky than it is during the day when there is food all around. But I did get up this morning (the second time at around 9), and immediately thought of the blog I had written in the very wee hours. I am still committed to this journey but it sure isn't as great an idea now as it was then.
The day went well enough and just having the thought in my head that I am now accountable to you gave me reason to stop and think before shoving food into my face. I had a Curves shake for breakfast, 1/2 a tuna sub for lunch and some salmon and spinach with a little mashed potato for dinner. Desert was a delicious HUGE orange that I had bought a bag of about 3 weeks ago and have only eaten 2 or 3. The fruit always looks so good in the store and then I bring it home and it becomes fruit fly bait. When I buy bananas, thinking I am going to eat healthy, I end up making banana bread as they are just ready to rot completely. I just don't think I have the hang of this diet thing. But I have got myself thinking and that is a huge step.
I did skip the English muffin at breakfast and got a Jimmy Johns' sub to share with Ger for lunch. Kristen loves JJ but I just don't get them. The subs are small (reason for choosing it today) and there really isn't that much in them. I got a tuna sub today that was more sprouts, (aka. grass), cucumbers, lettuce and very little tuna. But when I stop and think about it, if I am trying to lose some of this excess blubber than Jimmy Johns is a good choice. More veggies, less carbs and protein. HUM, I may have hit upon some thing here. See, I am doing better already, thanks to you.
I refuse to give my starting weight. It is obscene. Let's just say I weighed in this morning at XXX.X and next Friday morning I will weigh in again and see if we have a minus to report. I have to warn you, my sister-in-law is arriving from Long Island tomorrow and I know we will be eating out and making bigger meals "because we have company". What difference that should make is not clear but that is the excuse that is always used.
I don't plan on talking with you at 3 AM this morning so I'll say good night for now and hope I do even a little better tomorrow.
Goal for Saturday, 3/13 . . . If we go out to dinner, order a salad for my meal. I think we are planning on going to Quarterdeck and they have a wonderful PECAN CRUSTED CHICKEN salad. It is delish !! I better get to bed, I'm making myself hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment