Monday, March 15, 2010

CAKE !

Everybody likes cake. At least everybody I know likes cake. My grand daughters LOVE cake. As Abby once said while being coaxed into going to a party, "Will there be cake?". This quote will probably follow her through life. She is MY girl!
Now please remember this blog is being written by a person who is on a mission to LOSE weight. HA! As I knew, it was a tough weekend for dieting. Aunt AM arrived Saturday and we went straight from the airport to a restaurant for dinner. I started off GREAT ! Focused on the conversation and the company, ordered and ate a delicious salad, (I do love salad when it is made by someone else), and really enjoyed the meal. Unfortunately we were in one of our favorite spots that just happens to have a TO DIE FOR chocolate cake. OOPS ! How could we possibly let our guest leave without sampling the cake? We only ordered one slice which all 3 of us shared. That is my justification that I didn't do too badly. But I have to tell you that slice of cake is the size of the Matterhorn so I really wasn't that good. But the cake was fabulous and I really, really enjoyed it.
Now we move on to Sunday. A very good day for all in all ways. We went to a baby shower in Ft. Lauderdale for Kristen and Kent, hosted by Kristen's mom and sister. They actually managed to get to FL through the storm that was washing away the East Coast. Lori almost didn't make it but she did get there in time to host a LOVELY party for baby mommy. And what do you have at a baby shower? . . . Right . . .CAKE ! I brought the cake that was very pretty and pretty tasty. (I only had a small piece), BUT . . . OMG . . . one of Kristen's friends brought CUPCAKE POPS ! This girl has started her own business and really has got something going. (I promise I will get her web address for you. You really need to check out these pops.) The cupcake pops are TO DIE FOR !!!!! Absolutely the greatest thing I have enjoyed in quite some time. (Even better than the chocolate cake from the night before.) She has a secret recipe that FORCED me into eating 3 of them and still wanting more. (They were small, compared to a cupcake but filled with sweet, yummy, delicious, wonderful FATTENING goodness.) I do NOT regret eating them, (well, maybe the last one was uncalled for) but my weekend was not as pro diet as I had hoped.
So now we start the week all over again and get serious once more. This week's goal is portion control. I will not eat EVERYTHING that is on my plate just because it is there. And I will try to stop licking the plate when I am done.

No comments:

Post a Comment