Friday, March 26, 2010

OH CRAP !

When you eat out at least one meal a day for 2 weeks, have ice cream or gelatto (OMG we have the BEST gelatto shoppe in the world here in PBG) almost every day only to top it off with the very best fish and chips (it is Friday in Lent after all) and a stop at the cupcake shoppe today . . . why would I be surprised with a weight GAIN of one and a half pounds this week? Nope, no surprise here! Disgust in myself that I am totally incapable of making better choices when it comes to food, horror that I can NOT say no to goodies and pity that I am doomed to obesity. BUT . . . it does get me thinking of reasons why it is good for a person to be fat.
1. We chubbs do not get cold in winter. We carry our own insulation.
(Too bad I live in Florida.)
2. We carry our very own seat cushions with us when we go to sporting events.
3. We have a built in tray table for picnics or eating on the couch.
4. No one wants to sit in the middle seat on the plane because we overflow.
5. It is not as painful to get a shot or an IV or give blood. Lots of cushioning.
6. You can be pregnant and people don't know it. (But this also works against
you cause they think you are pregnant when you're not.)
7. It's easy to "be" a turkey for Halloween cause we already have a wattle.
8. If we ever get caught in a hurricane we can just spread our fat "wings" on
our upper arms and fly like a bird.
9. Our thighs rubbing together keep us warm on winter days.
10. It makes it very easy to decide what to wear on any given day. You just
wear what ever happens to fit that day.

Hey, it was a fun 2 weeks with Aunt AM here. We ate way too much and I am now ready to try to get some control over myself once again. We're headed to see Abby in Atlanta before she moves to England for 2-3 years. But that is another blog for another day. Hopefully staying with her healthy, nutrition conscious parents will get husband and I started on eating less and better. I'll talk to you in a few days and let you know how it's going.

No comments:

Post a Comment