Monday, February 13, 2012

NEVER SHOP WITH YOUR HUSBAND

I just had THE MOST frustrating shopping experience EVER!  Husband has been accompanying me EVERY WHERE these days and I will admit that is because I have invited him. STUPID STUPID ME!

I have been going to the chiropractor twice a week this past month, taking advantage of the insurance company paying because of the accident back in October. The coverage stops as of this week and that will be fine with me but since I have had FREE (I know, we are all paying for it) adjustments I have been taking advantage of the twice a week visits to keep my back flexible. H likes to come with me and sit in the car for the half hour it takes to crack my bones and then we go for breakfast at Hobos. A great little local place just down the block from the chiropractor's office with great food and very reasonable prices. Basically H and I sit and watch the other customers and waitresses because we have nothing to talk about other than what H has seen on the TV news this morning or read in the paper while waiting for me. (Because H is with me 24/7 there isn't a hell of a lot that we have to talk about.)
Today, after breakfast, I had told H I wanted to go to the Mall to get some new sneakers. I did hope he might say he would stay home but I know better to think I can get out of his sight for more than 20 minutes. My old Wallmart sneakers had seen their $19.99 days worth of wear and were slowly falling apart. The sole on the one sneaker was falling off and I sounded and looked like a duck when ever I walked, what with the flapping sole. (I already waddle on my own so this really gave me a true duck look. On a good day I might even give off a quack or two.)

We arrived at Sears where I had a few hundred "REWARD POINTS" that were about to expire.
Would someone please explain these STUPID reward points to me!  You get points to spend money. Then you can redeem points to save money. Except I have to spend a gazillion dollars to get one point and I have to save up a gazillion points to save a dollar. Makes no sense to me!
Anyway . . .  there we were in Sears and guess what? EVERYTHING WAS ON SALE! I mean, ON SALE!  70% off, 80% off, prices were SLASHED!  Despite the fact that the "normal" prices are so over the top expensive I realize I am really NOT saving that much. But all those "$ OFF" signs just trigger my shopping adrenalin and I want to SHOP!  NO CAN DO when I am there with H.  I did find good sneakers, ON SALE, and I was allowed to go into the baby department to find jammies with feet for Finley. (Keri told us yesterday that Finn needed these so H was OK to shop for them.) Once I started drifting into the little girl department H started to hyperventilate. When I was inching my way to the woman's department I thought he was going to have an all out fit. He was literally shaking and breaking out into a sweat. He kept walking toward the check out while calling my name. I GOT THE HINT!
ALL those things on sale . . .  and I didn't shop. I am in withdrawal and planning how to sneak out of the house to ride back over to Sears. Do I NEED anything in the way of clothes? NO! Of course not but it is the idea of the hunt. Do big game hunters need a Lion's head on their living room wall . . . HELL NO! But it is all about the challenge. So the sales at Sears will go on without me. I have no more points to spend any way and I sure don't need to collect any more stupid points that usually expire before I go shopping again.
But I have to say, I am jealous of my SINGLE sister-in-law, Ann Marie who lives about a mile from her mall and is there EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK. She NEVER misses a sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment