Saturday, February 11, 2012

YAWN!

I must have had a lousy nights sleep last night because I am tired today.  I do remember having some REALLY weird dreams near morning, which was why I didn't want to get up. I wanted to see where the dreams were headed. It seems that I have my most realistic dreams early in the morning when I am in that half sleep. Often I realize I am dreaming and can change the direction of  the dream and then continue it after I fall asleep again.  I never said I was normal!
I DO remember waking up A LOT last night scratching my shoulder and my neck. For some reason my skin gets terribly itchy at night and, like my poor daughter and grand daughter, I will be scratching away in my sleep and wake myself up. So tonight I took an allergy pill with hopes that will knock me out for a good nights sleep.
Once Ger was able to get me up today we headed down to Ft. L to see Smith but more importantly to see some NY friends who were in town for a few days. Patrick B and his lovely girl friend J are vacationing in a swanky hotel right on the beach. P&J are from Long Island and I haven't seen Pat in over a year. I baby sat a year for this young man right after he was born and he is like family. Pat is handsome, Smart smart smart, funny and just all around great guy. He and J seem very happy together and seem to be a great match.
As luck would have it Pat's mom was in Miami for business this week so she drove up from there and we all met for lunch. Kent and Kristen brought Smith over once Smith woke up from his nap and we spent a great couple of hours laughing, drinking and eating. The lobster roll was OUTSTANDING! and according to Lynne the Mojitos were pretty good too!
Once we caught up on everyone's lives we parted ways and we went to the play ground with Smith for a while but the little guy wanted to go to his car so we let the kids head home and G and I did the same. Once we got home you would think we had run a marathon or something because G and I both fell into our recliners and that was it for the night.
Of course, now that it is almost 10PM I am getting my second wind and will probably be awake for hours. Good luck getting me up for church tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment