Tuesday, February 14, 2012

VALENTINES SCHMALENTINES

I feel like the Grinch at Christmas. I HATE Valentines Day. Almost as much as I HATE Mothers Day.  Stupid days are just  a money making gimmick for card stores and flower shops. I much prefer to ignore these days but when everyone around you is all smiley and happy it is tough to pretend it is just another day.
I have been dealing with a husband who has had his "cranky pants" on for the past 2 days so that has not helped the mood. In fact if Cupid had flown over our house today I would have hit him with a broom. But like the day or not H came through with a box of chocolates and a cute card. Usually he buys Mushy cards for me. Ones that express his undying love and tell me that even though he doesn't wear his heart on his sleeve he does indeed love me. Today's card was funny and light and just signed GER.  No "LOVE" GER, just Ger. I guess he doesn't feel much like being all lovey dovey and mushy either.
At least we're on the same page for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment