Monday, May 21, 2012

THE LAST BLOG FROM ENGLAND

I was going to title this "THE LAST BLOG" but thought that sounded a bit dooms day-ish.  Sort of like the "BIG SLEEP HOTEL" we stayed in in Cardiff.

The kids are still in school but will be arriving home soon. Our bags are on the beds and are  almost packed. There isn't much free space in them either. I had thought that once I had unpacked all the things we brought to England I would have tons of space for the return trip. OOPS . . . guess I shopped a bit more than I thought. There will be at least one carry on filled with "stuff" and possibly a second bag filled with dirty laundry of the clothes we're wearing today and can't fit into the suitcase tomorrow morning. I  thought I might have some room to squeeze Abby into my bag so I could bring her home with me but it doesn't look that way.  I guess I will just have to wait to see her in August in Florida.

As a last HURRAH Bridget, Ger and I returned to the Prince Albert for today's lunch. That was where we ate lunch the first day we arrived and we wanted to finish up in the same way. I was even going to order the same thing that I had that first day three weeks ago but saw some one order the fish and chips and HAD to have that. How could I have been in England for 3 weeks and not had fish and chips at least once? It was FABULOUS along with a pint of Strongbow cider. I will miss the cider more than anything. It being our farewell lunch we did order a STICKY TOFFEE PUDDING to top off the meal. This too is a classic of England and as of today I have not taken the opportunity to taste this treat. OMG . . . what have I been missing?  Today's pudding began with a very moist light spice cake covered in some sort of sticky toffee crunchy stuff topped with a cream sauce. Any weight that I have managed to loose just found it's way back onto my stomach and hips.  BURP! With a capital "B".
So now I am feeling totally bloated and full and all I want to do is get myself home without a major coronary from blocked arteries thanks to all the great things I have been eating over here. We need a major over haul once we get home and get back to those healthy salads and 2 meals a day without desserts.  Between the fried food and the sticky cakes, clotted cream and bread bread bread, cookies and chocolate I am done eating at least until I get to the airport tomorrow.

I have checked in with the airlines, done the last load of laundry, packed my back pack and eaten MY LAST MEAL, in England that is. Tonight is swimming so we will pick at left overs for dinner if I can even fit anything in by then. Tomorrow we will leave for the airport around noon and catch our 2:25 flight to Atlanta. It's good to be coming home. I am ready for home and familiar beds and baths and food and drinks.

See you in a couple of days after I wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment