Wednesday, May 30, 2012

MA UNG URS

Translation . . .  My tongue hurts.  From biting it.  It is bitten down to a bloody nub.
Reason . . .  RULE # 1
Rule #1 . . .   BITE YOUR TONGUE !

That's Rule #1 for grandparents, mother's, wives, mother-in-laws.  And probably a thousand other instances.   The old "shut up and mind your own business" is usually excellent advice but you do take the risk of never being able to speak properly again because your tongue is destroyed.

I have the most trouble as a wife. The grand kids are great, the kids are great and even when you see or hear some thing that you have trouble accepting you can always vent to your fellow grand ma's and friends. We all think that our kids are too strict or not strict enough. We all agree that our grand kids need more/less; food/sleep/play/discipline/clothes and toys. It's just a given that when you see your grand kids you have the need to raise them your way. The fact that you screwed up ROYALLY when raising your own children does not deter you from thinking you can do a better job than your children. It just comes with the territory of being a grand parent.
So if you are smart . . . YOU BITE YOUR TONGUE.

But this whole wife thing sucks big time.  After ALL these years you would think nothing would bother me when in fact EVERY THING bothers me.  Soooooooooooooooooooooooo  I bite my tongue. Because I know that I AM the problem.  H is who he is and ain't never gonna change. I have complained about this fact for 43 years. But my tongue has NEVER been as sore as it is now. Why? It's beyond me as to why now I am REALLY REALLY annoyed by this man.  Could it be all this togetherness?
3 weeks in England together really did nothing to ease the annoyance.
A road trip to NY, MD and NC will do nothing to ease the annoyance.
Living together 24/7 does nothing to ease the annoyance.

My tongue hurts!

No comments:

Post a Comment