Tuesday, May 1, 2012

READY TO GO !

The bags (one medium sized bag for each of us) are packed and sitting by the front door.  The bagels are wrapped in their plastic bags and stored in one of the carry-ons. (They don't have bagels in England) My back pack is loaded to the top with my new fuschia pashmina from Jeanne that I will throw over me on the plane if it gets cold, jacket, meds, snacks and puzzles. All of this will be stowed under my seat on the plane and never used because I plan on snuggling down and watching a movie and falling asleep. (That's where the meds come in!)

Husband is also ready to go.  He is showered and dressed in his finest crappy jeans and a yellow tee shirt that makes him look like he just crawled out of his refrigerator box in the woods. He had on a blue tee shirt that had stains all down the front. I asked him if he had a collared shirt he could wear. H got very snippy and asked what was wrong with the shirt he had on. I pointed out the stains so he changed into a crappy YELLOW tee.  I on the other hand look like a fool with my new hair but I am going to England where anything goes so WHAT THE HELL!
Do I look like a 67 year old trying to look like a 27 year old?  Hope so! That's the look I'm going for.
The other day I went for a pedi to make my feet happy for the trip and the girl doing my toes told me I have great feet for a tattoo. (She meant that they were FAT!) I REALLY REALLY want a tattoo before I die and I think I have found the spot . . . fat foot instep. Now I need to decide on WHAT sort of tattoo.   I should get my D-I-L Kristen to put a survey out on her blog to see what grandma should get tattooed on her foot.
I came home from the nail place after the pedi and told H about my conversation about tattoos. H looked at me with such a look of disgust or disdain, (hard to tell the difference with H) and then told me I should "GROW UP".
CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?  That is like telling Peter Pan he has to grow up. It just AIN'T gonna happen. Lately I have been seeing the quote "You have to grow OLD but you don't have to grow UP". This quote has popped up in a couple of different places over the past week so I am taking it as a direct word from God. Just about a week ago I was talking with God and telling him that I am having trouble hearing him. I know he talks to me all the time but I am just not hearing what he is telling me. Should I be doing more for my fellow man (and H)? Should I be more involved in charitable work?  What does HE want me to do with my remaining years, (months? days? whatever)? So far the only message I have taken to be from God is the previous quote about not growing up. SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN TO ME!

And so here we are waiting for Uncle Tommy to pick us up and take us to the airport to catch our flight to Atlanta and then London. I wonder if security at the airport will pull H or me aside for a security check. I'll keep you posted. And I sure do hope my bag is weighing in under 50 lbs. I'd hate to be one of those idiots who have their bag open on the sidewalk while they pull things out to try to get the bag to weigh less. Good thing they won't be weighing me!

SEE YOU IN WINDSOR !

No comments:

Post a Comment