Monday, May 11, 2015

FRIGGIN * FRAGGIN * FRACKING * BANKING ON LINE


I do not think I am stupid ! I think I am fairly computer literate, at least enough to do my banking on line and not go bust at the end of each month.  BUT who in holy hell sets up these websites ?????

I have just spent 27  minutes trying to log into my mortgage account.  The fact that I know I have a mortgage, what bank holds my mortgage and how to access any and all information regarding my mortgage is all much more than husband ever knew or cared to know. Ever since our first year of marriage when Ger handled all the bills and would add his monthly "CF" ("correction factor") to our check book balance at the end of each month and inevitably would bounce a minimum of 5 checks a month, I have taken care of our finances. We are talking about the TIME BEFORE COMPUTERS! (Yes I really AM that old!) The good old days when you had a bank book that you took to the bank and handed to the teller. She would add or subtract what ever amount and mark it in the book. Then you went home and wrote out checks for all your bills, put them in an envelope and snail mailed them to whom ever. Once a month it was recommended you sit down and look at your bank balance to see if it agreed with what you thought you had in the bank. I guarantee the two numbers were NEVER the same. I would spend HOURS trying to match those numbers and every month I would succeed!

But now we are enlightened! We go on the computer, put in a code and POP! Up comes all the information you need regarding your accounts.         MAYBE       My checking account works fantastic!  I know the pass code, I put it in and within seconds I'm paying bills and checking balances. Same for savings! Easy as pie ! But then there are those accounts that you don't check all that often. You know the ones that you only need to check when someone asks you for specific information regarding them. Car loan accounts, mortgage accounts, home equity accounts.  Some banks are very kind to us and if you have checking and savings with them they will also show you any special loans that you may also hold. But then there are the difficult banks ! The ones that want you to work for your money.  Because they haven't made you crazy enough with all their fees and hidden charges they make it so hard to find your money information that you just want to throw up your hands and say,"Take my money! What do I need it for? You can have it all because I just don't care!" THAT was where I was about an hour ago. All I needed was the number of my mortgage loan. Naturally it was not listed with my checking and savings information. NO!  I had to go to a separate web address and put in my secret ID and password that even I didn't remember. When I found them in my little black book of passwords I tried to log in but the computer kept telling me it wasn't ME who was logging in. If it wasn't me then who the heck was it ???  Why in God's name would ANYONE want my mortgage information ??  Is there a fairy Godmother out there who wants to pay my mortgage for me ?   Is there someone so twisted and sick that they need to see what other people are paying for their mortgages? Why does this have to be rocket science to check an account number or a balance?  I get it with the checking and savings accounts but this is my mortgage! It's a BILL I pay every month.

By the time I found the information I was looking for I had forgotten why I needed it.  I wonder if I log back in it would tell me why I was there in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment