Monday, May 18, 2015

STREAMING . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

As if TV wasn't bad enough we had to go and invent a machine that could record a TV show in case you were not going to be home when "your FAVORITE show" was on. Great Idea ! Record the show and watch it later when you had time. But that wasn't enough, we had to go and invent a machine that could not only record one show but it could record up to SIX shows at one time ! Just in case "your FAVORITE showSSSSSSSSSSSSSS" were all on at the same time. AND if THAT wasn't enough along comes the computer that allows us to watch our favorite shows ON LINE at any time we want without the bother of recording anything. What could possibly be better than that ??????  How about a computer you can carry around with you so that all you have to do is press one button and VOILA, instant entertainment. But it only gets better . . .

Enter NETFLIX !  Not only can I watch my favorite show any time I want but I can watch seven hundred and twenty hours of a show one episode after another, after another, after another. And these are shows I never even heard of !  But someone said, "Wow, have you seen (fill in any show you care to name)  Lost?  Walking Dead ?  Weeds?  Breaking Bad?  Orange is the New Black ? "
Was my life complete before I spent the past 14 months of my life watching Netflix? I thought so but apparently I was wrong. Now I can keep up with anyone discussing the details of "Friday Night Lights" or "Arrow".  I was happy going out for walks, spending time with friends, reading a good book. Now I hardly see the sun, I am loosing weight (a very good side effect), have bags under my eyes from sitting up till 2 AM watching episode 427 of "Scandal".  BUT THE SHOW IS SO GOOD I JUST CAN'T STOP !

I haven't actually gotten THAT bad YET but I think I am approaching the point of needing an intervention.  Or maybe you just need to take the iPad away.

No comments:

Post a Comment