Sunday, May 10, 2015

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY !

I have always hated Mother's Day.  I think I have written about this before  and probably will write about it again.  It never had anything to do with my children, rather my dislike of the day always centered on Husband.  In my perfect little world inside my head my husband would take my 3 children shopping the day or week before Mother's Day and help they pick out something for their mom. They would make cards together, wrap mom's gift and make mother's day special for mom. The reality always was that I would be reminded of how unimportant I was in the lives of my family. That was my translation of the lack of interest on the part of Husband. The kids would always come through with something they made in school and I would pretend to be SO happy. Then I would make a nice dinner and we would all be the perfect little family.  That night Ger would tell me how busy he had been that week so he didn't have time to get me anything. He would add," to buy flowers for Mother's Day was just crazy because they cost so much more on that particular day". I would rationalize in my head that he was right and stupidly think that maybe next year would be different. It never was. And so I came to hate this particular day.  I wasted all those years feeling disappointed when I should have realized it had nothing to do with Husband and everything to do with my brain.

This Mother's Day was WONDERFUL !  I loved ever second of the day.  I spoke with my 2 children who are living in other states. They are both THE MOST AMAZING people I know and two of the most incredible parents ever ! The third child and his family were here with me for the day and all we did was laugh and have a fabulous day in the pool with the 3 grand kids. What an absolute joy that was! I love spending time with Kent and his family. To see my child parenting his 3 children is such a wonder. To think that this "baby" of mine has babies of his own and is teaching them and caring for them and nurturing them just boggles my mind. I never could have believed that my children would have gotten so good at parenting in spite of what their parents did. I doubt if it is a case of learning what to do from watching Husband and I but rather a case of learning what NOT to do.

How ever it happened I am so proud of my children and what wonderful parents they have become.



FAMILY FUN IN THE POOL !

No comments:

Post a Comment