Thursday, May 23, 2019

A NIGHT OUT

We have stopped for the night at a nice little camp ground in the MIDDLE of a city. You just never know what you are going to find when you are on the road and ready to stop. 2 nights ago we couldn't find a place and tonight we are in the middle of Grand Prairie, Alberta, Canada.
Canada is an interesting place to say the least. Coming across from North Dakota we were in flat, flat, flat land. Today we got into some nice hills and forests. We saw an elk, a wolf and some deer all just off the road. Then we crested a hill and the land was flat as a pancake again. Here sits the city of Grande Prairie like a turd in the middle of the street. This is about the ugliest town I have ever seen. It has ZERO personality and is just blagh to look at. And yet right off the main road sits this tiny little camp ground with showers and laundry down a little hill so you don't see or hear the traffic that is only about 100 feet away.
This should do very nicely for the night if I don't melt because the man has all the windows and doors locked up tight to stay warm. It is 60 degrees outside and I am warmer than warm. Hopefully I will cool down on the walk up and down the hill to the laundry.
Why is it men can not think on their feet ??  When we were driving here today D asked me to find us a camp ground in this area.  This one came up and because it had a laundry we decided to stay here. Now I had to call the camp ground to see if they had anything available for the night. The phone is on speaker, D is driving and the girl from the camp ground is asking all sorts of questions that the man can not focus on and drive at the same time. SO I get to make the decisions and answer the questions and you always know the isn't a good thing because I am NEVER going to get it right.  Do we want a spot up top near the showers OR do we want a spot down the bottom that is a pull through ? There hangs the question as the girl on the other end of the phone is impatiently tapping her fingers. I say one near the showers for the sake of the man who can not walk that far. I figure he is a pro at backing this thing in and out but he says NO to that plan so here we are at the bottom of the hill where I get to walk up and down with a load of laundry.
Will I ever stop complaining.??





 

No comments:

Post a Comment