Friday, May 24, 2019

PIZZA AND BEER

It doesn't get much better than this. A warm motel room, a comfy bed, a TV, pizza delivery for dinner and beer.  It is crazy how tired you get when just riding in a RV. Maybe because I am the one jumping, (well not really jumping, more like crawling), in and out of the front seat to get the man a drink of water, make a sandwich, "run" into Walmart to pick up a dozen or so things, and pump the gas every time we stop. But why should I be tired. I told D today it was a good thing he is traveling with a young woman instead of an old lady. I find it ironic that I used to complain ALL the time that Ger was so needy. This isn't a case of needy so much as unable to physically manage these things, sort of. I am beginning to wonder !
Here we have a man who has COPD . . .. fact is it is a debilitating disease, I get that. BUT the man has the government paying for him to go to PULMONARY REHAB twice a week so he can build up his strength and lungs. He calls me at night and tells me how he walked a mile UP HILL, on the treadmill at rehab. He is so proud of himself ! But yesterday when we pulled into a camp ground I got to hook up the electric and water. How difficult is it to hook a hose to a spigot and put an electric cord into a socket ???  And that is just the beginning, . .  Today I got to empty the "Grey Water" from the camper.  Let me tell you what a treat that was!  It is only dirty water from the sinks in the RV but it is just the build up to when we stop at the next camp ground and I will get to empty the NASTY tank into a sewer. I know the this will be my chore because as we drove 380 miles today I got a blow by blow lesson on how to perform this wonderful task. Good thing I'm not squeamish or a dainty little prissy girl. This is one tough lady here and I'm up for anything just as long every so often I get a night in a nice warm motel with pizza and beer.  This man is NOT stupid.  He knows how to keep me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment