Monday, May 27, 2019

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

After last nights craziness of trying to get internet access and get dinner and get the RV set up I thought you would appreciate hearing how wonderful today was. It was just one of those perfect days that make up for all the insanity for the past week. The reason it was so perfect was that it was a late, relaxed morning, a short drive, an early set up and THEN . . . .  I got to soak in the Takhini Hot Springs outside of Whitehorse, YT.
In spite of a few episodes of nearly killing Dwayne in his sleep the day turned out GREAT ! Last night was another story. As you gathered from yesterdays blog I was at my last straw. Once we filled up on the HUGE burgers and fries we called it a night and I got to walk over to the shower house where I managed to ignore the nasty floor in the shower stall, cool myself down physically and emotionally and go back to the RV to settle down for the night. (What is it with camping showers that they all look like they have been around since the early 1900's and never been cleaned? Just once I would like to get to a campground that had modern CLEAN showers.)  In spite of having devoured at least a half pound of burger and probably about 4 whole potatoes I fell sound asleep right away. The RV was comfortably warm/cool at just the right temperature for sleeping. All that changed at around 2 AM when we both woke up "chilly". I was a little chilly so I grabbed the second blanket at the bottom of my bed and rolled over ready to go right back to sleep. NOT !  Just as I was getting comfy again a little voice from the other side of the camper spoke. "Would you turn the heater on?!" SHIT ! It's all down hill from here as far as my nights sleep goes. We are now about to go from a comfortable 68 degrees to melting steel furnace. It can NEVER be too warm for this man who insists on sleeping in only shorts. Well of course you're going to be cold! Put your freaking flannel PJ's on and let me get some sleep! From that point on the heater kicked on and off and on and off and on and off fluctuating between 60 and 200 degrees. At this point I have given up on all hope for a decent sleep because I have melted into a puddle of sweat. From that point on I was in and out of sleep planning on where I would catch a flight home and the first possible moment. I finally gave up on all hope of sleep around 5:30 when I quietly, ( I was very tempted to slam every drawer and door), got dressed and snuck out to go for an early morning walk in hopes of getting devoured by a bear. In stead I caught a beautiful sun rise over the lake and met some very nice people walking their dogs. By the time I got back to the RV D had folded up the beds and linens and was ready to have a quiet breakfast. It was a relaxing morning because we weren't traveling far so we had coffee and sweet rolls in the camper, packed up easily and I got my first hands on lesson on emptying the potty tank.  Sometimes life just doesn't get any sweeter ! HA !!
Actually the longer we are out the easier it is all getting and the more the man is settling down.
We drove about 2 hours and arrived in Whitehorse, (don't you love these names!). We stopped in Wally World for some things and tried to get some fish sandwiches at Mac Donalds but they "Only sell them at the 'main" Mac Donalds. God knows where that is?  Washington DC ? So chicken nuggets it was. From Wally World it was only a matter of 10 miles to the hot springs where we got a lovely BIG camp spot, set up and off I went to soak my weary bones while D took a nap at the RV.  The springs have been a "tourist" attraction forever. D was there for the first time back in 1985. The water is green, the "pool" was cement and old and stained by the various minerals in the water gut OH MY it felt wonderful to soak in the 190 degree water. I found a super comfy lounge chair to relax and read in between soaks and had myself 3 !/2 hours to myself while the man took a nap in the RV.
HEAVEN !!!  I returned to the RV to find Mr. Man relaxing in the sun having a couple of beers and all was right with the world !
Except for the fact that I couldn't access the internet (what's new) last night it was a fantastic day. !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment