Monday, July 15, 2019

MY RECYCLE BIN RUNETH OVER

It is a good thing we have large recycle bins here in Florida because I finally finished going through my mail and I don't know if I will be able to lift up the recycle bin to get it out to the curb on Wednesday. It is over flowing with the rest of the junk mail that the USPS saved for me over these past 2 months.

 I had once been told by a very reliable source who worked for the Michigan US Postal Service for ten years, that the post office will only save first class mail for you when you put in a "Hold Mail" request. Supposedly the PO will throw out all the catalogues and grocery store fliers.
NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have fliers for Publix dating back to May. A lot of good they will do me now so WHY did the post office feel the need to save them for me ??  I have several sheets of expired coupons for local restaurants and craft stores. Why did the post office think I would want them if I was going away for 2 months ?? As for the rest of the stuff that I left unopened in the post office bin yesterday. . .
Well lets just say my thrift store will be opening next week.

I thought yesterdays "haul" was good but today I actually found 2 refund checks so my bank account is now bursting with the added  $37.26. Combine that with the fifteen cents I got yesterday and  I may just plan a cruise or something !

But it doesn't stop there . . . todays treasures include 2 more "gold" angel coins, (I wonder if they would work in a slot machine?),  3 new calendars for the upcoming year,  3 "gold" necklaces,  some sort of religious icon that you can stand on a table AND I can't tell you how many more greeting cards and return address labels.  It seems there are actually people who still send cards so these are a hot commodity. As for myself, if I want to send a card to one of my friends I am going to go to the Hallmark store in the mall and buy the perfect card for that person.  I don't do generic cards. Although there are any number of Mass cards included in my mail and those I do use. Unfortunately I DO NOT need 48 "With Deepest Sympathy" cards. At leas I hope I won't have that many friends kicking the bucket any time soon.

Hopefully that is it for large quantities of junk for the time being. I don't plan on going far in the next 2 months so now the mail man can go on vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment