Sunday, July 7, 2019

Wonder Woman

Did you ever "wonder" why Wonder Woman was called that ?  I never gave it any thought till tonight when I realized that her name is not because of her wonderful powers it is because she lived in an all female society that killed any man who dared trespass. And the reason they did this is because every time they had ANYTHING to do with men it made them WONDER what the Hell was wrong with this alien species.

I wonder every day what I am doing choosing to live with another man after 46 years of living with Husband.  I must be crazy !!!  Because not a day goes by that I don't wonder what this man is thinking and why in God's name he behaves the way he does and why does he do the things he does. D happens to be no different from Husband although they are two TOTALLY different types of people. Husband didn't know one end of a hammer from another where as D has built rooms onto his house and taken down half of a barn. Husband couldn't figure out the workings of a lawn mower and D can fly a helicopter. Husband could make you laugh till you peed your pants while D never has  much to say.  D cooks, Husband didn't know where the kitchen was. D can actually work the TV remote but neither one could work an iPhone no less surf the internet. I love them both for all their oddities and quirkinesses but good Lord they can be such a pain in the ass.

There are so many things during the day that I just shake my head and mutter under my breath because neither man listens, (listened), to anything unless it is on Fox News and neither man can, (could),  take criticism even when it is coated in sugar and honey.  And WHY is the first reaction to EVERYTHING always "NO" ?  Whether it is, "Dad, can we get a dog?" or "Lets go out to dinner tonight" the immediate reaction is always NO. Over the years I learned to never accept this first response as it is probably going to change once the male creature has time to process what ever was presented to him. It seems to be a Pavlovian reaction on their part . . . woman speaks, man says "NO".  It's like a time delay in their brain where they can't think fast enough so if they just say "no" it gives them time to process. A woman on the other hand will take in information, think for a moment and then answer. If we aren't sure then we will SAY that we're not sure. Have you EVER had a man say he wasn't sure about something ? I never have. Even if the question is "do you want Steak or Chicken for dinner",  they will answer with a definite "yes" or "no". They will NOT make the choice mind you, just answer "yes" or "no". giving you no more information than before you asked the question.

And so every day I WONDER about my sanity because I am still living with a man.  I am constantly wondering if I really DID hear what I thought I heard. As in this evenings announcement from The Man that he was going to "TURN THE HEAT ON".   Todays date is JULY 7th. It is summer and although we are in the northern regions of Michigan it is NOT cold by any standards. Today was the most beautiful of summer days with the sun shinning all day, the humidity was low and the temperature was about 78 degrees in the sun. Granted it is a little cooler in the shade but certainly not cool enough to warrant putting the heat on in the house. Once again I suggested putting on a shirt with long sleeves along with shutting some windows but that, like most every thing I suggest was met with a look of total puzzlement as if I were speaking Chinese.

And so I am now sitting here in my sleeveless shirt and shorts sweating profusely even though the outside temperature is about 68 degrees.

And you wonder why Wonder Woman had a problem with men.

No comments:

Post a Comment